• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

SlewMaster Project Boards

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Hi Jeff,
Many thanks. I'm not in a rush, so you can take your time. I looked your town up and you're right. It's not that far away at all. Maybe some day we can sit down and have a beer (or something).

I don't have anything for this build. Are you doing the voltage amp stages as well?

Best, Chris

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Hi Jeff,
Outstanding! Many thanks.

I haven't been following this project, despite my strong interest in this one. I would really like to use J-Fets, cascoded, in the front end if possible. A CFP output stage would be extremely cool. The plastic outputs, but I could use TO-3 outputs if need be (but that would also probably mean a triple darlington arrangement).

Anyway, that roughly describes where I would like to be. That depends on availability at the end of the day.

-Chris

Hi Jeff,
Outstanding! Many thanks.

I haven't been following this project, despite my strong interest in this one. I would really like to use J-Fets, cascoded, in the front end if possible. A CFP output stage would be extremely cool. The plastic outputs, but I could use TO-3 outputs if need be (but that would also probably mean a triple darlington arrangement).

Anyway, that roughly describes where I would like to be. That depends on availability at the end of the day.

-Chris

This sounds more like a Vzaichnko design than one of Ostripper's. OS uses BJT inputs and EF3 outputs in his designs. He tries to use easy to get inexpensive parts whenever possible.

Valery did the CFA-CFPx2 amp. It had bjt inputs but had a Hexfet CFP output. It's lower powered (140W?) but sounded excellent. He's got some other amazing creations too.

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Hi Jeff,
Well, I wanted to build one of Pete's designs. I just wasn't sure if he did versions that used the configurations listed. I can either adapt the amp to use J-Fet inputs, or design my own, but Pete is way ahead of anything I can do.

So if it's BJT input and triple out, that's what I'm building. How about the outputs? Are they flat mount or TO-3 mount?

-Chris

Hi Jeff,
Well, I wanted to build one of Pete's designs. I just wasn't sure if he did versions that used the configurations listed. I can either adapt the amp to use J-Fet inputs, or design my own, but Pete is way ahead of anything I can do.

So if it's BJT input and triple out, that's what I'm building. How about the outputs? Are they flat mount or TO-3 mount?

-Chris

The outputs are two rows of plastic devices flat mounted. They are spaced out enough to comfortably fit 5 pairs of MT-200s.

Yes that's them.

Attachments

• 2016-08-22 08.43.04.jpg
    2016-08-22 08.43.04.jpg
    964.9 KB · Views: 279
Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.