Slewmaster - CFA vs. VFA "Rumble"

Disabled Account
Joined 2012
Hi OS,

So very sorry to hear you are struggling with your health. I, and I think we all, hope you will recover soon.

Take good care. And thanks for all you have given us up to now. Let's pray there will be more to come. But first, get well soon!

Kindest and highest regards,
Sjoerd

Hi OS,

So very sorry to hear you are struggling with your health. I, and I think we all, hope you will recover soon.

Take good care. And thanks for all you have given us up to now. Let's pray there will be more to come. But first, get well soon!

Kindest and highest regards,
Sjoerd

I agree, we will miss you a lot...........:eek:
Take good care
Greetings

OS: I'm sad to read about your health, I hope you get proper healthcare and wish you a speedy recovery
I can't thank you enough for your designs and knowledge sharing, I've learned a lot about amps from the slewmaster thread and always look forward to read your posts.

I hope we will see more from you in the future.

I can barely type this , I guess this is my last post.

I'm not mad , but I guess if one is not young and virile ... others will
carry on.
My hands barely work , my (last) left one has recently failed.
Living in capitalist America , health care is not a "right".
I am glad everyone could use my "slewmaster" concept to jump
on to better more profitable ventures. A shame things could not of been
"coordinated" better.

I suppose I will just wait to see if things turn around (healthcare).
I'll come back in a couple years with some magical IOT superamp
to make up for my present shortcomings.

OS
I wish the best for your health,boss we need you.....
To the Doctors all of the world .

Attachments

• orkos.png
    orkos.png
    724.7 KB · Views: 611
That is really sad news Pete. Praying for you. It's true our health care is a travesty now. Hopefully that will change in another year. Time will tell.
I for one, have really missed you. I have a closet full of great sounding amps because of your efforts. Many of the other designs here on DIYaudio were inspired by your designs as well.

Bless you my friend.
Terry

Last edited:

carry on.
"coordinated" better.

OS
I never shared with you but I followed many of your posts.
good luck to you ostripper.

carry on.
"coordinated" better.

OS

Really, really sorry to hear this. I can only wish you well and hope things improve for you.

Pete, this is a sad day in diy land. I can only wish you the best and hope that there will be a break through in the research leading to some real treatment. You will be greatly missed. I know you can communicate with us through voice and words without having to type but that does not allow you to do what you wish to do. It would be nice if we could communicate with you at some level, for us and I think for you also. I lived through my wife's battle with ALS so I understand completely your frustrations with your own health and condition and the help you receive from the medical profession. All the best to you, enjoy your family, that is what is truly important. You have already contributed greatly to us here, we will all miss you my friend.

Could someone point me to the latest BOM of the Spooky IPS and OPS. Also is there a set up instructions of board pre-testing, servo null, and adjusting bias. When I built the Leach Super amp, adjusting bias was a one hour accomplishment. The good doctor would adjust and let sit and then adjust again and let sit and this went on for at least 40-60 minutes before the bias stabalized. This was with a dummy load and a Crown IM distortion analyzer. Thanks for any help. Ray