Joined 2003
Paid Member

Attachments

• Papas Koan M2 weight.jpg
    Papas Koan M2 weight.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 441
Joined 2016
Paid Member
Pretty special sort of amplifier. The sound is very wide, very coherent and reveals space in a spectacular way. Layers and layers of sound over each other. It's neither cold or warm sound. It's warm when it needs to be warm - cold when it needs to be cold.
Didn't sound like any SET or SS amp I know, either. This one is Above them.
This amplifier is not designed for one type of music. It pulls out the emotion from everything.

Dear mikorist: what speakers are you driving with your beautiful SissySIT ?

Regards, Claas

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
refreshed isn't proper word :clown:

improved is better one ...... even if Mikorist changed new xovers I sent to him (i included every trick I knew , worthy of pepperpot based Tannoy DC) , to something more resembling old ones by schematic , now there are substantially better parts in , including hefty chokes - that one for bass is made with 2mm dia CuL

Yep, i removed a notch filter (long story) but chokes are the same.

A total of 2.5kg of copper per box in chokes

Van Den Hul 3.89 mm² SCS-12 wires
Capacitors from ClarityCap CSA, ESA
Resistors MOX Mundorf 2% 10W

Attachments

• 1526989919_ScreenShot2019-03-14at3_27_08PM.png.6c59e0004f1109f0d0eb01b964480ab2.png
    1526989919_ScreenShot2019-03-14at3_27_08PM.png.6c59e0004f1109f0d0eb01b964480ab2.png
    781.4 KB · Views: 498
I've been listening to Classical music today.
After a couple of Brandenburg concertos you will be in a state of shock.
Sissy improve sonically after about a 20-to-45-minute warmup. So the classics are amplified at every single level of gain equally. It's not like solid-state when the Lento comes and the tones become quieter that you have to adjust the volume knob to hear it better. Quiet parts in the foreground well-sounded at any sound level - from zero to maximum. The solid-state design tendency is to thin out textural weight depending on the strength of the signal. Here, the texture of each instrument is equals the mass to the its density.

The harmonic phases at Sissy goes in completely different lanterns from tubes and solid-state. They are bent under other angles. So the sound is a second dimension been compared to both.

Where the sound is typically watered down with solid-state, here with Sissy perception of textural tone density is in the right place easy and relaxed. Sissy is grain-free tone structure. It has all the possible features that improvelong-term listenability.. The tubes often have grainless pristine textures in upper midrange. Here are upper midrange is painted like on silk. But at incredible speeds without overt and overwhelming. The sweetness and warm tonality shifts between 2th , 3th and 4th harmonics. Textural flavor and coloration are very much dependent on the connected pre-amplifier. Sissy takes on the preamp’s personality and delivers it as a clone.

So, If there is no esoteric preamp (of at least 6,000 euros in line or DIY preamp that is in 'Spitzenklasse') - better not to connect to the amplifier.
:cool:

Last edited:
Joined 2016
Paid Member
Mikorist, thank you for the detailed description of the sound of SissySIT and its effect on the listener. :)

I can very well relate to and share your findings. I am using as preamp either an Aikido with regulated PSU and DC heating (currently using E80CC in the gain stage and 6N6P for the followers) or Wayne's BA 2018 linestage, currently with Toshiba TTA004B / TTC004B outputs.

Both seem to be very transparent and low-distortion preamps. I am pretty happy with both, though I slightly prefer the Aikido - a bit more detail in the highs; or a bit more prominence in the highs, but in a very pleasant way, and a bit more emotional involvement.

I also find that I seem to be listening quieter than with other amps, not missing anything. :D

Regards,
Claas