SissySIT R.3

I ordered several roughly matched THF-51S with rough data from Japan and received them with the following markings from the seller:

1. 3.3
2. 3.3
3. 2.5
4. 2.5

I decided to test them on curve tracer and the result is in attachment below (1 - 4 from left to right)

Then I whip a rough jig to test them under Vds = 24VDC and Ids = 2A, and the results of Vgs are:

1. -3.51 V
2. -3.48 V
3. -2.78 V
4. -2.73 V

I'm planning to use one pair for SissySit R.3 and the other pair for Singing Bush.

Since those 2 pairs are in different zone range, does it matter using them in any of the aforementioned amps? Or ones are better in one amp and vice versa.

Attachments

• Curve Trace - THF-51S.jpg
    Curve Trace - THF-51S.jpg
    365.4 KB · Views: 542
From ZM
I made capital error on pcb, and really don't know how to circumvent that - after ordering Null batch of pcbs, I decided to change name of amp from SEF ( Schade Enhanced Follower) to SET (Schade Enhanced Thingie) .... and now I have set of pcbs with inappropriate name on them .......

Joined 2016
Paid Member
Is the thread in the trade forum already there for the boards / kits of R.3 ?

It looks like this revision would address all the drift issues I had with my SissySIT R.1 (Iq, offset - both through variations in wall AC voltage, as well with temperature).

Even though, the SissySIT sounded absolutely great - very musical, engaging, palpable, and yet totally clear and detailed ... much more detailed than my Aleph J-ish build or my M2.

For what it's worth, I had about 0.16% THD at 1W into 8 Ohms.

Looking forward to building the R.3 :D

Best regards, Claas

Joined 2003
Paid Member
Is the thread in the trade forum already there for the boards / kits of R.3 ?

It looks like this revision would address all the drift issues I had with my SissySIT R.1 (Iq, offset - both through variations in wall AC voltage, as well with temperature).

Even though, the SissySIT sounded absolutely great - very musical, engaging, palpable, and yet totally clear and detailed ... much more detailed than my Aleph J-ish build or my M2.

For what it's worth, I had about 0.16% THD at 1W into 8 Ohms.

Looking forward to building the R.3 :D

Best regards, Claas

Same here, boards not in Group buy, so likely not finished for availability yet.
Not like I don't have plenty to finish already, 2 amps in process already...and will give time for boards to be Sussed out to perfection.

Russellc

Joined 2003
Paid Member
I'm trying not to pay attention to the other two.....I'm already buried! Having troubles with BoM parts for Aleph Zen being back ordered, having to go through boxes for things I may already have, and sizing up alternatives for those I don't.

usual business for greedy one...:wave:

Russellc