Simplistic NJFET RIAA

diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
Obbligatos are very good but plain good. MR are high range. Silver in Oil is the most I would buy from Mundorf. Those hybrid oilers you keep them away from heat in valve amps btw. Clarity has a TC range of can style HV PP caps I saw, much cheaper than MR. Maybe good for rectification filtering to SSHV2 in #26 preamps they use that reg a lot.

Joined 2006
Paid Member
Could be with big caps. We should tap them when connected on the scope alone. Because if we tap them phono connected, maybe other stuff rings on the high gain board too.

In my initial Benz riaa build that used a british hand made pcb, I could hear noises just by tapping the ft3 coupling caps, the decoupling EL caps or the output caps.

Now my p2p builds are much sturdier and I glue the caps to the board so no microphony at all.

I do not think Mundorfs are more microphonic than any other caps.

diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
...Or the messy hot snot gun liberated.:D

Attachments

• post-gg100.jpg
    post-gg100.jpg
    15.9 KB · Views: 303
Joined 2006
Paid Member
Last edited:
Joined 2006
Paid Member
The real value is 47k. I had 47,1k takman metal film and now 46,93. You think this difference might have an influence? Especially on definition.
Also Rload was 180R shinkoh.
Yes.... lowering the 47k that much influences sound in the way you describe. (Slightly tighter bass with much more snap) (and an overall increase in output)

Remenber this is the "bass resistor".

If you rise the value above 47k you get a bump with an apex at 40Hz and will feel more bass and less snap. (and an overall decrease in the output)

if you have measured all your actual riaa parts, I can run a simulation for you.