Silver RCA Cable-share your experience, opinions here!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Here is a link to a YouTube video showing how Audioquest burns in capacitors that are used in their power line conditioners. Someone had brought up that on the Audioquest web site they talk about using a method that is from NASA for burning in their caps. This shows how it is done.

Start at 6:15 into the video.

YouTube

Do you think that they would invest this kind of time and money if it did not make the caps sound better?

How about a link to the NASA document itself?

Here is a link to a YouTube video showing how Audioquest burns in capacitors that are used in their power line conditioners. Someone had brought up that on the Audioquest web site they talk about using a method that is from NASA for burning in their caps. This shows how it is done.

Start at 6:15 into the video.

YouTube

Do you think that they would invest this kind of time and money if it did not make the caps sound better?
NASA's purpose would be weed out early failures and early drift of course.
For Audioquest it's production QA, at the end the Sales Department can give reliability assurance and embellish it with 'sounding better'.

Dan.

No Scott, I have known Rick for many years and Walt Jung (remember him?) and I helped him publish in TAA many years ago. He now has access to the latest audio cables and can take them home to try them. What an opportunity! I wish that I had the same. I believe that audio wiring can make a difference, and have for the last 40 years since I bought my first silver connecting cable in 1978.

I feel that with all the companies that make audio cables there must be a sonic difference to many people who can hear differences or the companies would not be around. If you can't hear the difference that's ok, we that can, then search for the best sounding cables.

I have found that one type of cables that sounds good in one system might not sound good in another system. It's all about proper matching. For example, a horn speaker driven with all bipolar transistor electronics connected with silver plated copper cables will sound very harsh and not many people will like this system. Changing to stranded copper can make this system livable.

And as I have said before the power cable makes the biggest change. If you don't believe it, then don't worry about it. John Curl and I believe that wire and cable matters. I have known John for over 30yrs and have learned a lot from him, and wire is one of the things that matter for the best designs.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.