Silver RCA Cable-share your experience, opinions here!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Joined 2014
Paid Member
Well yes, but try telling a true believer that the reason for high end audio cables is that's where dealers make all their profits and you will be viewed as if you just told them you have ebola.

I'm sure most of us have bought a TV in the last 10 years and the sales gimp has tried to fob us off with a $50 gold plated monster HDMI cable cos it makes the picture better :)

Well yes, but try telling a true believer that the reason for high end audio cables is that's where dealers make all their profits and you will be viewed as if you just told them you have ebola.

I'm sure most of us have bought a TV in the last 10 years and the sales gimp has tried to fob us off with a $50 gold plated monster HDMI cable cos it makes the picture better :)
Just ask them if the gold is matte or leveled, electro less or electroplated, with nickel flash at 30 micro inches...

They leave you alone after that.

Jn

Ps. Oh, almost forgot the "look". You know, the condescending "say one more word and you will be a eunich (or wish you were).:D

Last edited:
Rick Miller said:
I feel that with all the companies that make audio cables there must be a sonic difference to many people who can hear differences or the companies would not be around.
Such naivety is almost quaint and childlike.

wire is one of the things that matter for the best designs.
Funny, I would have said the exact opposite: wire fussiness is usually a sign of poor electronic design.

My son, who has a Masters degree in physics, worked in electronics retail for a time before setting out on his final career path.

Punters would come in and ask for a lead to connect their shiny new doodah (which they'd invariably bought in another shop!) to their ancient whatsit.

When informed this was physically and electrically impossible, and that no such lead existed, they would tell my son that he didn't know what he was talking about and that they would go elsewhere!

P.S. My son never sold anyone an expensive gold plated HDMI cable unless they insisted on having one. He simply would not destroy his integrity as a physicist!

High-Temperature Superconductors Puzzle Scientists

Scientists at the Florida State University-headquartered National High Magnetic Field Laboratory have discovered a behavior in materials called cuprates that suggests they carry current in a way entirely different from conventional metals such as copper. The research, published in the journal Science , adds new meaning to the materials’ moniker, “strange metals.”

Cuprates: High-Temp Superconductors that Defy a Scientific Explanation | Power Electronics

High-Temperature Superconductors Puzzle Scientists

Scientists at the Florida State University-headquartered National High Magnetic Field Laboratory have discovered a behavior in materials called cuprates that suggests they carry current in a way entirely different from conventional metals such as copper. The research, published in the journal Science , adds new meaning to the materials’ moniker, “strange metals.”

Cuprates: High-Temp Superconductors that Defy a Scientific Explanation | Power Electronics

There's no coordinated electron movement here. ;) (Cool!)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.