Signalyst DSC1

Hi guys , just starting out on my DSC journey. I have purchased the balanced output dac board from Mshow and have a few questions:
1) My system is single ended , can I just use output +ve and ground to feed the rca inputs on my preamp.
2)What modifications do I need to make to the dac board in order to use the tps7a4700 regulator boards?
3) Can I use this reg LT3045-A Ultralow-noise (<0.8mVrms) LDO linear regulator 0V-15V - 1A Fixed out | eBay instead of the the tps7a4700 for better performance.
Thanks in advance and appologies if my questions have already been answered.
Gordon

2)What modifications do I need to make to the dac board in order to use the tps7a4700 regulator boards?
Here are my recommendations for improving the сhinese board in order of importance:
1) LC filter for each register. TDK 0603 10uH + Kemet T520A107M006ATE070
2) Transformer - 2PCS / 10K:10K permalloy audio isolation transformer, balanced and unbalanced conversion audio isolator-in Transformers from Home Improvement on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group
3) Reduce resistors up to 7K5-4K7.
4) After installing LC filters, the requirement for a quality power supply is simplified. I see no point in using expensive LT3045 modules.

There are old photos on the modification: DSC1 DAC [1] - iXBT.com

Last edited:
got any response, guess I should ask here.
I apologize if I could not answer you in time. My personal box is full.
I plan to collect the release and check it probably in a month. But unfortunately I'm still not ready to satisfy all comers. Therefore, it will be necessary to prepare complete documentation for independent production according to Open Hardware License.
I'm thinking it would be nice if the transformer output stage PCB could be be stackable under (or on top of) the DSC2 board as well?
Hmm...:scratch2: Yes, I can make a universal version, just replace J4, J5. Although the left/right channels are interchanged. But this can be fixed programmatically in Amanero.

Here are my recommendations for improving the сhinese board in order of importance:
1) LC filter for each register. TDK 0603 10uH + Kemet T520A107M006ATE070
2) Transformer - 2PCS / 10K:10K permalloy audio isolation transformer, balanced and unbalanced conversion audio isolator-in Transformers from Home Improvement on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group
3) Reduce resistors up to 7K5-4K7.
4) After installing LC filters, the requirement for a quality power supply is simplified. I see no point in using expensive LT3045 modules.

There are old photos on the modification: DSC1 DAC [1] - iXBT.com
Thank you Pavel. I will come back to you with some questions tommorow if that is ok?

ADM7150 is a good LDO. But...
The reasons are enough. :)
  1. Each chip receives power through an LC filter of 10uH+100uF. Therefore, good noise parameters are not required.
  2. Connecting the ADM7150 is a bit more complicated.
  3. The price is higher.
Even ADP7118 there is redundant. But if you do not agree with me, you can use an external power supply.

Thanks for explaining :)
Looking forward to play the DSC with a trafo opt.

P.S. I have a v2.7 with resistor networks Vishay TOMC1603. Unfortunately, TOMC is discontinued. But there is a modern replacement - NOMC. The sound of this version I like most. But these resistors are quite expensive.

Hi Pavel

1 If best sound is with resistor networks why not using these?

2 What is the power in requirement? Still 7.5V?

3 Would you please provide fully assembled boards? (older eyes).