Shui Yuan Audio TPA3255 Modification Thread

By the way. Any idea why the input caps aren't flush mounted? Mine stick a good 5mm off the board and wiggle and turn if you as much as breathe on them.

That's why I am going to give this a try: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B006C4BCAK. I have bent a few caps while attempting to swap op amps last time. Granted it was due to those infernal square header pins.

I have already re-soldered OPA1692 onto the round pins, and just waiting for the above tool to arrive before I would attempt swapping op amps again.

:rolleyes:
This one sounds not very good (blurry and smeared) and is technically mediocre at best. For this low quality far too expensive. Either buy a cheaper one or a better one which would sound light-years better (TKD or stepped with good resistors).

Personally I do not use any potentiometer after my dac ...
Simply plugged in ... directly to the amplification card
This subject is debated and is subject to controversies ...

Denis.

Having followed Claude for many months on the updates for the Aiyima A04 amplifier was exactly the reason I started this thread but it seems to have been hijacked by many other discussions rather than the modification of the board.

Unfortunately none of these Chinese vendors publish the circuit diagram for any of their boards which makes life a little more difficult !! The Shui Yuan TPA3255 board does appear to follow the TI Eval board circuit diagram very closely if not exactly just leaving out components that are not required by this simple SE input only implementation.

That said, I think it would be very easy to make similar modifications to this board although be aware that the circuitry around the Op-Amps on the Aiyima board is quite different and includes some gain.

One area that I would like to see explored is where the Anti-Pop components appear to be missing even though it appears there is provision for these components on the board. I think there was a suggestion earlier that putting a capacitor on the mute terminal would perform this function.

This board has become very cheap to purchase now so plenty of opportunity to play and make comparisons !!

Yes there is no "fuse" built in in the chain that way. One day you will agree :)

Good evening jean-paul!

Do not forget that these small cards do not make the advertised watts ...
I use them with a 36v power supply.
And these not the speakers who kneel ...
But the amp itself ... It goes into protection mode.

With a 1KW amp, I would not have done the same way, that's for sure! :)

Smart little tool! Looking closer, the pitch on the board is too big for the caps. Well, well...

The tool arrived and I finally swapped my Shui Yuan with OPA1692s. A few observations:
- the plier tool works decently, but a little big and a little too stiff. About worth the $3.50 I paid.
- the round pins slide in and out of sockets effortlessly. I really wish there were more warnings on the square pins. Seriously.
- I have not noticed too much sound difference between OPA1692s and the NE5532Ps that came with the Shui Yuan board. I'll listen some more.
- I have an Aiyima amp, and I swapped its NE5532Ps with LME49720NAs. I could tell the difference there and I didn't like it too much. I swapped them back.

The tool arrived and I finally swapped my Shui Yuan with OPA1692s. A few observations:
- the plier tool works decently, but a little big and a little too stiff. About worth the $3.50 I paid.
- the round pins slide in and out of sockets effortlessly. I really wish there were more warnings on the square pins. Seriously.
- I have not noticed too much sound difference between OPA1692s and the NE5532Ps that came with the Shui Yuan board. I'll listen some more.
- I have an Aiyima amp, and I swapped its NE5532Ps with LME49720NAs. I could tell the difference there and I didn't like it too much. I swapped them back.

Interesting feedback.
Where did you buy the OPA1692 ? Because I heard a notable difference between the NE5532 and the 1692, with the Hanzao module it is the most obvious. I bought mine @ mouser (they are genuine).

Which ones?

The two big ones, the current tanks. In my case I put 50vdc 4700uf, because I use a 36vdc SMPS, this is powerful enough for my speakers which have good efficiency and listening level. I had to change to Nichicon, but I got 50vdc CDEs, they are larger than the available space. So you have to pay attention to the maximum diameter of available space.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210520-101332_AliExpress.jpg
    Screenshot_20210520-101332_AliExpress.jpg
    119.6 KB · Views: 582
  • 20210430_105257.jpg
    20210430_105257.jpg
    429.1 KB · Views: 517
Last edited:
The fake NE5532Ps (with funny colored metal legs) I threw in the trash. On average quality speakers (those in my workshop), I did not hear any difference with the OPAs that I have.

On the other hand on my main speakers which are extremely detailed, the 3225 fake has a soundstage which lacks depth, the dynamics are somewhat truncated and the level of detail is lower.

But I recommend changing the 2 large condos first if you can.