Show off your audiophile cat

Scratching the turntable like a boss.

IMG_5951.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 4 users
@Cubdriver Handsome cat, great name.
Isn't it funny that users' manuals of electronic equipment invariably have a chapter warning against impeding ventilation. Those warnings will warn against top shelves being too close, stacking equipment, etc, but never a word of warning about cats sitting on top of the equipment. So, I guess it must be OK. Cats all seem to "know" this.

Reactions: 1 user
Isn't it funny that users' manuals of electronic equipment invariably have a chapter warning against impeding ventilation. Those warnings will warn against top shelves being too close, stacking equipment, etc, but never a word of warning about cats sitting on top of the equipment. So, I guess it must be OK. Cats all seem to "know" this.
Yes, they are cats. They know that the warning does not apply to them. Most warnings don't!

Reactions: 1 user
Faraday : that's a cool unseen name, like Atari...

Mr. Le Rouquin is not Audiophile and, for sure, is not impressed at all by a guitar, nor an old tile...

1710541315250.png

Mr. Balthazar is inspecting one of my guitar amplifiers :

1710541601395.png

(late) Mr. Black&White inspecting guitar cases cleaning :

WXznJb-Black-and-White-inspects-guitar-cases.jpg

T

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users
Not exactly a cat, but has even better hearing. Entered my appartment, flew around checked room acoustics, listened for a few songs decided it sounds delish, decided to stay. But lady of the house consideres him an unwelcome guest, quite rude of her in my opinion but hey, needed a good night sleed so couch was out of the question. And little fella had to go, unwillingly but unharmed :)

20240225_214833.jpg.ffa9f9c7a373ca7416f93e2685c47858.jpg

Reactions: 3 users
Here is the female tabby who strolled into the garden and then the house ...she lasted the next 7 years until untreatable feline kidney disease
meant a very sad visit from the Veterinarian doctor.

Wife and Now in our 80s so further animal adoptions unrealistic.

Attachments

•  Untitled Job 005 2.jpg
    Untitled Job 005 2.jpg
    318 KB · Views: 35
  • DSC_0022.jpg
    DSC_0022.jpg
    588.2 KB · Views: 39
  • tired tilly copy_edited-1.jpg
    tired tilly copy_edited-1.jpg
    688.6 KB · Views: 35
  • tillycopy.jpg
    tillycopy.jpg
    833.1 KB · Views: 36
Last edited:
Reactions: 8 users
Not exactly a cat, but has even better hearing. Entered my appartment, flew around checked room acoustics, listened for a few songs decided it sounds delish, decided to stay. But lady of the house consideres him an unwelcome guest, quite rude of her in my opinion but hey, needed a good night sleed so couch was out of the question. And little fella had to go, unwillingly but unharmed :)

View attachment 1286563
Appreciates a really good tweeter!

Reactions: 2 users
Here is the female tabby who strolled into the garden and then the house ...she lasted the next 7 years until untreatable feline kidney disease
meant a very sad visit from the Veterinarian doctor.

Wife and Now in our 80s so further animal adoptions unrealistic.
Love this. Our cat from the first post (Mama Katz because she clearly had been a mother recently) adopted us similarly (started hanging around, driving off neighborhood dogs, then wanted to get into the house, which led to her adopting us). She lasted around 18-19 years with us.

Reactions: 1 users
The manufacturers don't bother with such things because they know it would be a lost cause as cats will ignore said warnings to instead bask in the warmth. I've no doubt the lot of them here will be thrilled when I finish restoring the Sansui 1000A I'm currently working on and build a cabinet for it - tube warmth is much warmer than solid state warmth!!

Here Gilmore can be seen giving it the requisite incoming inspection cat scan:
Sansui%201000A%20chassis%20cat%20scan-XL.jpg

-Pat

Reactions: 4 users

View attachment 1286563

Nor me nor my Wife would have considered this cool guest as an unwelcome guest ! Much on the contrary... :cool:

If he was a boy, we would have called him Batman, Mirage, Spitfire or Horten... And manage a safe place for him to come, rest and go...

If she was a girl, we would have chosen Grisette, like the nice little grey bat :whistle: we had every day, hooked at the back of one of our window shutters, for a time.

T

Reactions: 2 users