Show off your audiophile cat

The manufacturers don't bother with such things because they know it would be a lost cause as cats will ignore said warnings to instead bask in the warmth. I've no doubt the lot of them here will be thrilled when I finish restoring the Sansui 1000A I'm currently working on and build a cabinet for it - tube warmth is much warmer than solid state warmth!!

Here Gilmore can be seen giving it the requisite incoming inspection cat scan:
Sansui%201000A%20chassis%20cat%20scan-XL.jpg

-Pat
Thinks there might be a little mouse in there, hey?

'Kitty" first seen in post #8 spent most of today either sneaking into my garage or getting between me and the wood I was cutting on the driveway. Since she was first seen in post #8 we have learned that she was a feral cat born under the house we tore down to build our house. She is between 14 and 16 years old and lived most of her life outdoors. Her age is beginning to show as she doesn't see nearly as well as she used to but hears far better than I do. Unfortunately, her other "trained human" Joe passed 3 years ago. She has become far too trusting of me now as anything I'm doing does not scare her if I am doing it. Unfortunately she has lost her fear of things like the table saw, the lawnmower, and even the electric chainsaw. The noise from the gas powered chain saw will drive her away. I lower the blade on the table saw and sheath the chainsaws as soon as the motor stops. I went into the house for about three minutes and found her looking out from one of the speaker holes in a cabinet I was building. I went for my phone, but she had jumped out before I could get it.

Reactions: 2 users
They do so love to present a great picture possibility, then as soon as you get something to record that picture decide it's now time to move and be elsewhere. :rolleyes: Cats are a beguiling combination of adorable, hysterical, and aggravating, with the proportions of each varying constantly.

-Pat

Kitty, first seen in post #8 of this thread over 7 years ago was stuck on my lap for nearly an hour yesterday. Somehow she knew that something was up early yesterday morning since she followed me around the yard while I was pushing a running lawnmower. As the eclipse unfolded and the sky darkened We grabbed our glasses, some chairs, and took a spot on the pool deck. Despite there being lots of birds on the ground looking for worms that never appeared, Kitty wanted no part of it.

Attachments

• DSC00724.JPG
    DSC00724.JPG
    470 KB · Views: 30
  • DSC00725.JPG
    DSC00725.JPG
    423.1 KB · Views: 33
Reactions: 4 users
Interesting George. I was just up in northern NH (WAY north) for the full eclipse. I'd never seen one and there was a clear rush of birds when the totality hit and darkness fell. Very odd. Then the dogs began to howl in the distance. No cats around at that time that I saw, but clearly there was something powerful going on. I felt it. My wife tucked into me as the corona lit up saying that while it was fabulous, she also felt a little unnerved by it. What level did you have where you are? In my location in Dover NH (south of where we were), we apparently had about 95% and it did darken according to our daughter.

Oh, and glad kitty has adopted you finally!

Nice cat. :cool:

Tabby short coats are my favourite.

ALSO like your 'IRISH SHOPFRONT pics ... and your collection of acoustic guitars. :up::up:

Thanks @brianco !

Yes, I worked punctually for some time in Ireland (Dublin area, Dun Laoghaire...) and could travel a bit in your cool country (Galway, Belfast, Clifden, Kilkenny...) :cool: - it was in 2000-2001. That's where I bought my Irish shopfronts and Irish cottages posters...

Oh, and none of those guitars are acoustic, but archtops, centerblock or solidbody, and all... Lefties ! :)

T

Reactions: 1 user
Interesting George. I was just up in northern NH (WAY north) for the full eclipse. I'd never seen one and there was a clear rush of birds when the totality hit and darkness fell. Very odd. Then the dogs began to howl in the distance. No cats around at that time that I saw, but clearly there was something powerful going on. I felt it. My wife tucked into me as the corona lit up saying that while it was fabulous, she also felt a little unnerved by it. What level did you have where you are? In my location in Dover NH (south of where we were), we apparently had about 95% and it did darken according to our daughter.

Oh, and glad kitty has adopted you finally!
We had a 90-95% of total eclipse, much like the 2017 eclipse. It was however quite cloudy with ocasional breaks. It got pretty dark and everything had an unnatural color to it. The wind grew still and there was an apparent drop in the temperature, possibly because I had been working outside for most of the day and the heat from the sun was gone.

Kitty was a feral kitten, the only survivor from a litter born under a house trailer on the property. She had no use for me at first since I brought loud machines that removed the jungle like overgrowth from the property which had become her hunting grounds. She only trusted one human, an 85 year old man who fed her. After all the noisy work was done and the machines were gone, she decided that I was an acceptable human, and after Joe passed she is OK with his widow. She has to be about 15 years old now and doesn't see too well.

Reactions: 1 users
If anyone here has free time and is bored, feel free to toss up the live stream I have going for the 6 kittens and mom we found. My friend and I rent a frankly dilapidated room beneath a piano store to practice music in. We are leaving because I have a nice house that we use now. I walked in the other day to grab some stuff and saw the mom run out. Looked inside and behold, six little babies. My partner and I have big hearts and she is a vet tech so we knew what to do. Luckily we could trap the mom so she can stay with them and get proper nourishment.

They are mostly staying underneath the blue chair but scrub through and find the action! Right now they are out and about!

Reactions: 1 user