• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Shanti Dual LPS 5V/3A , 5V/1.5A

Reflashed with ropiee on usbridge sig with digione sig and its working now.. this is an amazing upgrade compared to rpi 3. This is a must upgrade.. cant wait to try this usbridge sig with ians fifo and d3 dac...

Im still using ians spdif fifo reclocker with tentlabs xo.. I like it better with the ians spdif reclocker compared to spdif output of digione sig..

I tried using dietpi from my digione sig player to the usbridge and it doesn’t work. I couldn’t pull up dietpi on my web browser.. moode didn’t work with my usbridge and digione sig.. i need to reflash again to see. But currently im using ropiee with no problems on usbridge sig with digione sig.. i only use roon so this is not a problem for me..

I do not recommend to update to the newest dietpi, it broke/terminated midway on my usb signature, and I needed to reinstall twice as I thought first time it happened was a exception but it seems to break everytime so there's something wrong with the update process.

If you use the latest dietpi image from Allo, then you don't want to update it, even thought you get a message that an update is available.

Hmm, I get soft clicks/pops with DSD 256 using NAA, I think I narrowed it down to a connection issue as with direct connection between NAA, and upsampling server I only get soft clicks/pops while a connection through the modem/switch has dropouts galore, can easily see it on CPU usage of HQplayer as it doesn't go higher than 4%,

I'm Gonna try switching the modem/router tomorrow but as there's still soft pops even on direct connection I'm starting to wonder if it's maybe either the Ethernet NIC in the upsampling server, or the usbridge Sig that is the issue, I do have the older usbridge that I will check tomorrow if the same issue happens with it also.

If the clicks/pops is actually due to usb Sig do I just contact Allo for support?

Hmm, I get soft clicks/pops with DSD 256 using NAA, I think I narrowed it down to a connection issue as with direct connection between NAA, and upsampling server I only get soft clicks/pops while a connection through the modem/switch has dropouts galore, can easily see it on CPU usage of HQplayer as it doesn't go higher than 4%,

I'm Gonna try switching the modem/router tomorrow but as there's still soft pops even on direct connection I'm starting to wonder if it's maybe either the Ethernet NIC in the upsampling server, or the usbridge Sig that is the issue, I do have the older usbridge that I will check tomorrow if the same issue happens with it also.

If the clicks/pops is actually due to usb Sig do I just contact Allo for support?

I was getting pops at 256 running dietpi, then loaded the newest version of dietpi that allo put up last week and it fixed my problem. But don't update it, run as is.

I also removed programs I wasn't using, and set arm frequency to 800 Mhz

I was getting pops at 256 running dietpi, then loaded the newest version of dietpi that allo put up last week and it fixed my problem. But don't update it, run as is.

I also removed programs I wasn't using, and set arm frequency to 800 Mhz

Hmm I do have the latest update then, will check today if it happens with new switch, but I have ruled out insufficient CPU usage of upsampling server HQplayer as the reason, as it still softly clicks, and pops with settings that where perfect with old usbridge.

Ok, so i fixed the network switch + got myself a new pcie network card incase it was the mobo ethernet, this fixed the packet drop, but i still get soft click pops from the usb sig, i did the above recommendations as mentioned in the previous post, but i still seem to get these pops, clicks.

From ssh terminal connection, login

Version info
DietPi | Update available
────────────────────────────────────────────────
v6.18.14 | RPi (armv7l)

OK, here's exactly what I remember doing:

cd /DietPi
sudo nano config.txt

Add these lines to config.txt
force_turbo=1
arm_freq=800

exit and save.

I also did this, but not sure if it makes a difference
wget https://github.com/dynobot/Linux-Audio-Adjustments/raw/master/basic-install.sh
chmod 755 basic-install.sh
sudo ./basic-install.sh

Then reboot

Then remove whatever programs not in use.
Screenshot shows what I did not remove
Reboot

Pretty sure that was it. I don't hear clicks anymore, but had before doing this.

BTW, even when I had clicks, pi was not running anywhere near max, at most a core would hit 20%. So that doesn't seem to matter.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-11-02 at 4.57.51 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-11-02 at 4.57.51 PM.png
    28.2 KB · Views: 505
From ssh terminal connection, login

Version info
DietPi | Update available
────────────────────────────────────────────────
v6.18.14 | RPi (armv7l)

OK, here's exactly what I remember doing:

cd /DietPi
sudo nano config.txt

Add these lines to config.txt
force_turbo=1
arm_freq=800

exit and save.

I also did this, but not sure if it makes a difference
wget https://github.com/dynobot/Linux-Audio-Adjustments/raw/master/basic-install.sh
chmod 755 basic-install.sh
sudo ./basic-install.sh

Then reboot

Then remove whatever programs not in use.
Screenshot shows what I did not remove
Reboot

Pretty sure that was it. I don't hear clicks anymore, but had before doing this.

BTW, even when I had clicks, pi was not running anywhere near max, at most a core would hit 20%. So that doesn't seem to matter.

Thanks will try it out.

OK i think spoke to soon, i got some small pops clicks again but your settings greatly reduced them from many times each song to around 3-4 clicks per two songs.

Glad it helped and good to confirm I wasn't crazy lol.

No idea why you need to do this either, based on processor load, but real time systems are complicated so there must be more than just load at play here.

You might try raising the arm frequency higher, maybe 1000 or 1200, see it it can kill those last remaining pops.

I only hear pops now when I changes songs before the last one is over. So its when things are in transition anyway and it doesn't bother me.