• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Shanti Dual LPS 5V/3A , 5V/1.5A

If you go here
USBridge Sig - Ultra low noise RPI

Click on Supported OS, then the DietPi directory, I see a DietPi version with today's date.

I expect that is the corrected version for the "pops" problem, but will wait for confirmation.
I didn't see anything else that was updated in a quick look at the files.

Ah thanks.

I'm waiting for moode though.

Cannot use dietpi. It requires login?!

Ah thanks.

If you go in through SSH, default login is
user root
pw dietpi

You should be able to login using a monitor and keyboard connected to the usbridge using the same. But if you are using moode, dietpi would require other changes I expect. I'm not using moode.
dietpi is really an os, somewhat like raspbian buster lite. Its running other programs to support music playback.

Randy

Ah thanks.

I will have a talk with Tim. In any case we will offer a Moode version at 4.14 kernel on our page ONLY for the DACs that are not compatible with Linux DSD native. Rest of DACs have no issue

We urge you to upgrade to a DAC thats compatible with Linux on DSD ( when time to upgrade comes)

I will have a talk with Tim. In any case we will offer a Moode version at 4.14 kernel on our page ONLY for the DACs that are not compatible with Linux DSD native. Rest of DACs have no issue

We urge you to upgrade to a DAC thats compatible with Linux on DSD ( when time to upgrade comes)

Are there USB/I2S interface cards that are compatible?

Randy

Got Shanti

I got my Shanti today from Allo.

And boy ! Has it made a difference to the SQ !!

I was powering the Katana from an iFi and the RPI from a Allo adapter thru the Isolator 1.2.

After Shanti, I still use the Isolator, the sound is so much cleaner, vocals are softer, instruments are more musical, blacks are blacker and I am able to hear some more instruments which were drowned by noise earlier. All because of the much lower noise, and the HF harmonics that have been cleaned up.

Much appreciated, Allo !!

Good review of USBridge, YouTube

Personally I was very disappointed by this review. Good information regarding what the unit was but there was very little information regarding the quality of sound produced. One vague comparison to his memory of the SoTM SMS-200? Surely a better comparison would be to the more recently reviewed Pro-Ject S2 Ultra which seems to be a very similar concept to the USBridge Sig (custom board with RPi 3+ compute module). His review of the Pro-Ject unit contained a relatively detailed comparison to the SMS-200 Ultra which he appears to be a permanent part of his system; why not reference the Allo to that?

Sanjeev,

Wait for it to break in, the sound will be more balanced.

Thanks
Balaji

I got my Shanti today from Allo.

And boy ! Has it made a difference to the SQ !!

I was powering the Katana from an iFi and the RPI from a Allo adapter thru the Isolator 1.2.

After Shanti, I still use the Isolator, the sound is so much cleaner, vocals are softer, instruments are more musical, blacks are blacker and I am able to hear some more instruments which were drowned by noise earlier. All because of the much lower noise, and the HF harmonics that have been cleaned up.

Much appreciated, Allo !!

Personally I was very disappointed by this review. Good information regarding what the unit was but there was very little information regarding the quality of sound produced. One vague comparison to his memory of the SoTM SMS-200? Surely a better comparison would be to the more recently reviewed Pro-Ject S2 Ultra which seems to be a very similar concept to the USBridge Sig (custom board with RPi 3+ compute module). His review of the Pro-Ject unit contained a relatively detailed comparison to the SMS-200 Ultra which he appears to be a permanent part of his system; why not reference the Allo to that?

I agree, it felt lazy...

Hello All,
I have also ordered the USB bridgesignature Audio Streamer Raspberry Pi Compute 3+ Ultra Low Noise USB Interface… I read so many good things about it… :)
It comes this week.(Tuesday) with a good Power Supply! from Shanti
I play now with the Roon rock on a Intel nuc(with a good power supply) to my hegel h90.
Only now… We go see how it works for the next step ;)

Hello All,
I have also ordered the USB bridgesignature Audio Streamer Raspberry Pi Compute 3+ Ultra Low Noise USB Interface… I read so many good things about it… :)
It comes this week.(Tuesday) with a good Power Supply! from Shanti
I play now with the Roon rock on a Intel nuc(with a good power supply) to my hegel h90.
Only now… We go see how it works for the next step ;)
Hi reelben, That will be interesting... I can see the Hegel H90 has an Ethernet port. Have you hooked up your NUC transport to your network or do you use USB from NUC to the Hegel. If you use USB, the USBridge Sig ought to win that. Keep us posted :) BR, Per PS: What speakers do you have?

Hi reelben, That will be interesting... I can see the Hegel H90 has an Ethernet port. Have you hooked up your NUC transport to your network or do you use USB from NUC to the Hegel. If you use USB, the USBridge Sig ought to win that. Keep us posted :) BR, Per PS: What speakers do you have?

HI pdp,
Thank you.
I have connected the hegel with a usb( tellurium q black) and network(AudioQuest Vodka) playing on Millon Amantes Speakers.
Before this i used ayre and martin loudspeakers with nbs cables .
Only now i have more fun and music pleasure..with a cheaper audio set:sing:
I listen with Jriver ,Daphile and audirvana and now Roon rock,,the winner :violin:
Now we go test this week the USBridge Sig with power supply Shanti...maybe later a new :)dac.

Hegel H90 has good DAC when used with coaxial input, not so good on USB input.
It would be best to use an external dac with usbsignature player and Hegel's analog input..
From experience dac would have to be from class 1000€+ to see an improvement over Hegel internal dac. Or maybe Revolution Dac..