• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Shanti Dual LPS 5V/3A , 5V/1.5A

Hegel H90 has good DAC when used with coaxial input, not so good on USB input.
It would be best to use an external dac with usbsignature player and Hegel's analog input..
From experience dac would have to be from class 1000€+ to see an improvement over Hegel internal dac. Or maybe Revolution Dac..

Hi hnnaum,
Thank you so much 🎶
We have the option for coaxial and usb or network play to the Hegel.
It give a pretty musical sound now.
I know the Dac can be better as in the Hegel, it is only as amplifier better.
We go for a other later,only I can live now with the intern dac from the Hegel inside... the sound is good for the money how it now plays. (with good cables)
The source(dac) is number one for the sound.
What is the revolution dac... I read it here in the topic.
Is it out.. or can I buy it :)

Mark this one is for you .

La "Revolution" is coming . DSD 512 , USB input using Xmos . OPA 1612 output stage refined (datasheet is crap).

We are optimizing for SQ , THD+N at -114 tested (floor of our AP) unofficial -116 on RCA!!!!! NO ess hump.

Hi 🎶
I go oftopic sometimes 😃
I'm waiting on my Shanti power supply and usb bridge
Is there something already known about this dac.
When it's coming on the market for sale :)
I'm verry interested in this, For production date ... Revolution
Kind regards,
Ben 😉

Hi thank you for the link.
Only my package is arrived with the Shanti.. Only the have a damage.
I hear there is what loose inside...and see there is missing Miss a screw from the bottom plat
�� That sucks, so I thought a good Power lps.
Now we go wait.. what they say from my email on allo :(
��

USBridge with Shanti raised my DAC Mirand V1.2a to another level :) Superb sound, huge bass, very quiet background. Highly appreciated, thank you :)

Attachments

• 931179005_20191030_083111_2973094_resized_1.jpg
    931179005_20191030_083111_2973094_resized_1.jpg
    359.8 KB · Views: 401
Today testing shows that USBridge draws about 550mA. So its the same, you can use your PSU.. Still note that on power on there is a spike of about 850mA for 200mS

Hi Ioan,

is that still valid? On audiophilestyle it's said that USBridge sig will not work with a PSU of 1.2 A or lower and 1.5 A is recommended at least:

ALLO USBridge Signature - Page 12 - General Topics - Audiophile Style

Can it be that a minimum of 1.5 A is necessary if none of the power cosuming things such as HDMI etc.is turned off? Would it be possible to get it down to the above mentioned average consumption of 550 mA and 850 mA peak at launch, when HDMI, USB etc. is turned off?

Best regards
Stefan

In fact we recommend 3A , same as RPI 3B+

We did measure 550ma but that was after boot. Note that we had reports of people using it with 1.1A (but not tested by us) that had under voltages.

There are many ways to save power , we did not test all cases.

We recommend 1.2A as a minimum .

Hi guys,

I received my usbridge sig with moode os preinstalled. I installed the digione sig as hat then booted it up. This is connected via Ethernet. I couldn’t get it to work. Was able to find out ip address via my router. So i tried moode.local and ip address but will not open on the browser.. I’ve also tried my dietpi micro sd card from my digione sig player and still does not work using dietpi.local. Green led in front is blinking as well as the red led.. verified that i have connection via Ethernet using other laptop.

Please help... i will try ropiee later when i get home and see what happens.. any suggestions?