SEWA - Seven Watt Amplifier

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
SEWA driver

Miket,

Looks fine in theory. My comments from building a number of tranformer out 6C45pi stages are:

Heater supply being indirectly heated doesn't need all the complexity.

Rather than the choke and parafeed, it would be better with a good conventional transformer.

But I recognise these days much is fear and fashion!

Possible alternatives

hifryer,
It is an easy step to use 2-1.5V batteries in series with the cathode instead of the resisiors / capacitors on the cathode.
THe Edcor XSM2.4K/600 transformer is rated at 50mA current on the primary. You can remove the inductor and cap and the primary can actually be used between the plate and B+. I have drawn it the way you suggest and can try both to see which one I like best.

Attachments

• sewa voltage amp 2.gif
    sewa voltage amp 2.gif
    10 KB · Views: 1,020
Transformer Choice

Ryssen said:

If you have the opportunity to try with just a condensator instead of the transformer.:) But why use a 2,4K/600 why not 5k/5k for example?

Wanted to assure the drive impeadance was low enough, the 6C45 has a gain of 34 or so with the 2.4K/600 transformer should give an overall gain of about 17, should be just about right. Edcor does not have an xseries 5k/5k.

10K/10K Transformer

Ryssen,
The B+ in the circuits I have posted is aprox. 150VDC and should be about 34 gain. Is the transformer gapped? If not you can use the 10K/10K transformer I would parafeed. I would not recommend the 10K/10K directly connected to the plate as the tube likes to run at least 15mA.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.