Scryer ... or how F8 met Mighty SissySIT

Joined 2021
Paid Member
Mightiness,
a theoretical question: could this amp (and your other amps incl. XA252) handle a speaker with this (or similar) impedance, minimum nearly 2 ohms...

Z.jpg

Last edited:
Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
if you see (irrelevant of size/power) same type of OS parts, due to Square Law arrangement, count it done

if you see dissimilar type of OS parts, not so - even if from experience I know that my funniest amps are surprisingly good even if illogically mated with some speakers

if you see present NFB, means DF is better, so that counts

if you don't see overal NFB (as is case with amps having autoformer gain), not so, but - again - Square Law means something

in short

- some of my amps (upper criteria) doesn't care what load is
-other my amps care, but not so much as it is usually expected

observation - speakers having that sort of impedance module really not belong in A Class Fairy-tale

explanation - having A Class amplification naturally calls for speakers of greater efficiency but even more important - greater sensitivity; food for thoughts/illustration - which one is better for your home - 15" bass driver of 93db/W/m and 350W, or 15" bass driver of 93db/W/m and 80W?

leave those from graph for well informed HiFi Aficionados..... not knowing better :rofl:

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Joined 2021
Paid Member
if you see (irrelevant of size/power) same type of OS parts, due to Square Law arrangement, count it done

if you see dissimilar type of OS parts, not so - even if from experience I know that my funniest amps are surprisingly good even if illogically mated with some speakers

if you see present NFB, means DF is better, so that counts

if you don't see overal NFB (as is case with amps having autoformer gain), not so, but - again - Square Law means something

in short

- some of my amps (upper criteria) doesn't care what load is
-other my amps care, but not so much as it is usually expected

observation - speakers having that sort of impedance module really not belong in A Class Fairy-tale

explanation - having A Class amplification naturally calls for speakers of greater efficiency but even more important - greater sensitivity; food for thoughts/illustration - which one is better for your home - 15" bass driver of 93db/W/m and 350W, or 15" bass driver of 93db/W/m and 80W?

leave those from graph for well informed HiFi Aficionados..... not knowing better :rofl:
Thanks for bringing light into darkness :D