SB Acoustics Textreme

And I agree with you, that is why I said its ever so slightly better. And I will not have power delivery problems myself. I am planing to build Vacuum State Electronics DPA-300B which will power the tweeter and TX mid, in combination with GamuT D200i for mid- and subwoofer duty. So 4 ohm is the ideal here.

Last edited:
Disabled Account
Joined 2019
I like the location Dark Side of the Moon. I saw a T shirt at an outdoor concert a few years back, it said "there's someone in my head but it's not me". It had the Pink Floyd prism logo on it as well. I sometimes say I am from OZ as I live in the middle of the USA just like the old movie the Wizard of Oz! My current system is really a 5-way with sub now but if I can replace my two mids with one mid (13 cm TexTreme of some kind) and get equal or better results; maybe I can finalize this thing once and for all!!??? I am constantly seeking improvements; even if subtle or minor that most people wouldn't even bother with...CHEERS!!!

Disabled Account
Joined 2019
https://solen.ca/wp-content/uploads/mw13tx4.pdf

I'm thinking the "hump" above 5KHz isn't all that bad so if I ever get these; I'll start with 1st order HP and LP and see how that sounds. Right now; I have my MR16 mid with a newer X/O; also 1st order HP and LP. The MR16 "hump" is much bigger but I am getting good results now with a larger inductor than I had originally with my 2nd order LP. My logic is if I can tame the bigger hump on the 6 inch papyrus cone with just a single inductor; the 5 inch TexTreme ought to be a walk in the park. I do prefer 1st order when I can get away with it; it's nice when the drivers seem to work this way. I have said this many times; I literally have boxes full of X/O parts and I enjoy experimenting.

As we used to say; standing by to stand by...waiting, waiting, waiting...

Does anyone in Europe or Asia have any further updates as to when SB will release the MW13TX??? It is the long New Years weekend so of course Solen hasn't returned my e mail from Canada yet...

Disabled Account
Joined 2019
Yes, sort of expected with the COVID slowing everything down. I need time to re-arrange my component shelving and run the wires and cables better. Right now; everything is out in the open for easy access. My "cart" is on casters though so I can gain easy access when needed even with everything neat and tidy in it's proper place. I will try the single sub box behind the TV stand in the corner. I do eventually want to add a second sub but that can wait for later...CHEERS!

Disabled Account
Joined 2019
Solen in Canada says the Textreme MW13TX will be available in March 2021. So now; we have to see what the clowns in DC do; will US citizens get $2000 COVID stimulus or $600??? Either way, $600 is enough for me to buy a pair of MW13TX. The last time I checked, Madisound and Meniscus still did not show the 13's at all, no mention whatsoever. Perhaps they will in another month or so?

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

Disabled Account
Joined 2019
Some people on here have said that the MR version isn't in the near term future. I'm sure the MR will be better above 3KHz or so. The MR and MW Satoris that I have owned (16cm) show this for sure. The MR16 has a shorter voice coil and other modifications that give it a better high end than the MW16. I would assume the same would be true of the Textreme 13 cm mid vs MW. I am willing to give the MW13TX a try first though as it could be another year or more before we see a MR??? The MW13TX would make a fantastic office size mini type 2-way should I decide it won't work in my main system as a broad band mid...

Disabled Account
Joined 2019
The Sd is small enough so maybe 3000 to 4000 Hz would still be plenty good. I don't care as much about beaming as others; a narrower sweet spot doesn't bother me one bit. If I knew for sure the MR version would be released in the near term; I would probably hold off. Based on what others have said already though, that is not likely the case.

Disabled Account
Joined 2019
Thanks, I will trust that information is still correct; the MR not in the near term. That's OK though; I will try the MW13TX as a broad band mid in my current system. If I am not satisfied with the range; I can use it in a mini system perhaps with a Textreme tweeter to match. Not many people would have a mini system equal or better than Textreme I imagine! My main system now uses the Satori MR16 mid AND the MA Pluvia 7PHD BOTH. I am getting great results here and have many times stated this combination is very hard to beat. My hopes are that the 13TX can equal or better these; then I could free the MR16 and P7P for other systems elsewhere.

Disabled Account
Joined 2019
breakup for sure is a big issue; I'm curious about that "hump" starting above 5 KHz. Sometimes it is easy to control with a simple crossover; sometimes it takes special X/O work; I'm hoping for 1st order where I usually try to start. I have the MR16 papyrus with just a single inductor now instead of my older version with 2nd order. The 1st order works very well on the MR16; electrically it is in the 2000's but acoustically; the roll off is more gradual because of the natural rise on that driver. The BIG break up on the papyrus MR16 is further up in frequency so the 1st order can work. I'll start there and see what it does. I don't even need a Zobel on the MR16. Ideally; I would rather have the MR13TX mid than the MW. Like I said; I'll try it and see what happens...

Disabled Account
Joined 2019
Solen in Canada says the MW13TX will be available in March 2021. There are data sheets available also. I did a search online and discovered that Solen has them shown as back order. The main SB website may not show them yet for some reason but Solen has always been straight up and spot on for any questions I have ever asked them in dealing with them many years. Good point though, maybe I'll look elsewhere. Sometimes when Google or Yahoo don't find something right away; I try Bing. Bing seems to find things quicker so I'll give that a go...