SB Acoustics Textreme

Disabled Account
Joined 2019
the textreme tweeter is tested in the new issue of klang + ton

Right now, as best I can tell, you have to pay to get a download. And, I don't think that includes a language translator. Anyone have any luck getting a free download, especially in English???

Someone said the TexTreme MW16 was definitely better; especially at 500 Hz and higher than the standard MW16 Satori...

Results.

Attachments

• SBTextreme.png
    SBTextreme.png
    308.3 KB · Views: 812
Disabled Account
Joined 2019
Btw around this teweeters disgress, I know the Peereless corundum is a little not loved as much because of the non linear off set in the 2000-4000 hz but anyone tried to tweak the damping long cup by adding stuffs inside ?? Not possible ?

Maybe the surround around the dome needs some liquid rubber coating à la Sonotex from Seas or any receip good enough : was impressed ho wolth teeth tuned the rear chamber of a Seas aluMagnesium dome and checked it with measurments.

It comes to a question : how is important the pairing of a pair of tweeter if the cone is sota :do those brands provide paired tweeters as Morel, Peereless pro serie or Dynaudio top range ? That's what bore me : prices are raising, manufacterer long term producing quality not so much : inconsitency with pairs !

That's will be fun they make a Textrene dome as well à la Yamaha NS-5000 heritage (here Yamaha made an exclusice material as well though not so measured as far I know and not offer to diy markett.

Oh, nice drivers.! I've hesitate a lot with this woofer before choosing the textrem....
For the tweeter, I think that adc will be fine, but if it doesn't I'll just have to change for another wg/tweeter without modifying the baffle...

What was your rationnel for choosing the 6.5 over the 5?(sorry, slightly off topic)

I'm looking to drop the crossover point down 1600-1800hz when paired with the Satori. That and deeper AC of the Satori vs an SB15 suggests the 6.5" over the 5", BUT I'm not real sure how these will behave in practice. Revel uses what looks to be a 5" waveguide in the M106 and crosses pretty low, 1700hz I think. Until I use them both I won't really know what the real world limits would be (would also depend on the crossover slopes too for example).