SB Acoustics Textreme

Disabled Account
Joined 2019
How high in frequency do you think it can be used? In other words; what low pass maximum frequencies have you tried so far??? 1st order? 2nd order?

Have you hit it with a lot of power yet?

Do you think it could take 100 Watt peaks if in a closed box?

What box size and styles have you tried?

Max 2.5khz.
2 order i used.

100w not a biggie as long as the amp not clipping ans adequate port/box. My amp is 2x225w and pressed it hard and never felt anything but joy.

Had a testbox around 15lit laying around for my old mw16. Tuning 42hz.

Cleaner and more dynamic then mw16. I’m impressed!

Disabled Account
Joined 2019
GREAT! I have 2 MW 16 and 2 MR 16 both. I have used them in 15 l closed and vented both. My Yamaha is rated for 100 WRMS into 8 Ohm; 160 W MAX 4 Ohm. I have the SB17CAC 4 Ohm, Satori MW16 4 Ohm white cone and MR16 4 Ohm gray cone. The CAC and MW16 both seem to be limited in power handling and reach max excursion sooner than I would like (even in a closed box). I am REALLY hoping the MW19 TexTreme will be released soon. I don't think there is any 6 to 7 inch mid-bass that will meet my needs unless I go to SS Revs. (too expensive for my current needs) I think in my particular situation; 7 1/2 inch to 9 inch nominal "woofer" is what I need. I have other ideas for the TexTreme 6 inch (a totally different project than my 2 current projects).

Have you paired it with a tweeter yet? If so, which one? I'm thinking the TexTreme's are deserving of a really good AMT, ribbon or Be dome. I have some AC G3Si ribbons needing a really good mid-woofer. I really rather wanted the AMT version but the ribbons were on sale so I couldn't resist. Many people seem to really like the AC AST2560 AMT. I haven't heard any of the Satori Be dome tweeters yet; have you heard any of these? What did you think if so?

Disabled Account
Joined 2019
AS 701 integrated. It is said to be identical to the highly rated AS 801 EXCEPT the 801 has a better DAC. I also have a new Crown XLi 1500 (450 W 4 Ohm, 330 W 8 Ohm). It is marketed as a "PA" amp but I think it sounds better than the Yamaha. The Yamaha retails for about $800 US and the Crown retails for about $339 US. I have tried the MW 16 in closed box and vented box both. The Crown just brings out one extra layer of resolution or definition that the Yamaha just can't quite do. The Crown IS class A/B and I bought it to power my SB29NRX75-6 woofers. The problem I'm having is bridging the gap between the SB29 (really should be considered an 11 inch woofer rather than 10 inch) and my MA P7PHD full range (less than 4 inch). I am trying many different drivers here as money permits.

The Crown does wonders with the Satori MW16; I hear things in that combination I have never heard before even on recordings I am familiar with going back 30, 40, even 50+ years! I'm sure the TexTremes take that performance UP another full notch yet. I call this "micro-detail".

I need a mid-woofer that is very accurate and articulate to use from a nominal 200 Hz to 600 up to maybe 800 Hz. The MW16 just can't quite do the max SPL I want or think I need. I have a Wavecor WF223BD (really almost 9 inch) in a closed box. It can do the SPL's and take the power but doesn't sound quite as good as the MW16. THIS is the REAL reason I want to try the TexTreme MW19; more power and SPL yet having very high resolution and articulation (ie very musical, neutral, natural, effortless, etc.) ALL...

I was also looking in to mw16tx or mw19tx, but due to the slow availability I settled for a pair of 6nd430 8 ohm. I think these drivers have a very nice combination of parameters. The rectangular shape will require some new woodworking skills from me. Still, visually I hope it will work well under the rectangular Heil AMT...

Fedde