Salas SSLV1.3 UltraBiB shunt regulator

You are welcome. BTW your smd BC & 2SK choices should work. Your IRFR smd type for M1 also. But for M2 it may bring instability or not too good Zo. Find something closer to the IRF530/9530 spec there.
I have the regs from the GB(ugs muse)and use the same components as what I want to use now except the mosfets which are 610/9610.
I will try to search for a better candidate for M2.
When searching for the actual mosfets I took as a reference the fqp3n30/fqp3p20 pair.

Searching a bit better I found the 530/9530(irf530s/irf9530s) in smd package only that a bit bigger footprint.
What about using these also for the ccs? are they better than irfr9214 and irfr210?

Attachments

• Screenshot_12.jpg
    Screenshot_12.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 110
diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
Good luck but do test for oscillation free rails when ready. With each layout difference there has to be verification.
You look for a clean horizontal line when scoping AC coupled at 5mV vertical through various horizontal scan speeds.
Use the short ground return coil style wire accessory on the probe's nose and 20MHz bandwidth limit.

diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
Its kinda thick line. Use the 20MHz BW limit in the channel 1 menu too and the short ground coil on the probe's tip. Anyway, about excess noise due to bench practice or not, a quick test to know is if it will change enough if you will power off the device under test. Without changing anything else in the test setup.