Salas SSLV1.3 UltraBiB shunt regulator

Why I asked, I wanted to use your PSU for high precision master clocks in DAC, HTPC and etc. In this case is importan general noise and phase noise near 1Hz and lower.
For example, PVD-Audio for their USB PCIe card stoped on variant with low-noise stabilizers without loop feedback by voltage.
How you think, is your PSU suitable for MCLK with very low level of phase noise, especially on 1Hz ?

How would that compare to using the Ref D for powering a clock?

Very interesting will be results of such comparison.
On ebay sells PSU for clocks from Sallarz
R-Uhr High Precision Low Jitter Reference Clock, ultra low noise Regulator | eBay
It is based on voltage reference
s-l500.jpg
who knows is it good good schematics or not ....

Last edited:
Hi Salas
Run into a problem with one of my neg regs. It outputs roughly 8 v less than it should compared to a good neg reg.
Voltages across R5 and R6 on the bad one measure roughly half that of voltages measured on the good one. Voltages across all the other resistors measure about the same between the bad and good reg. Also the LEDs appear slightly dimmer compared to a good one. Please advice.
Thanks. Nash

Joined 2018
Paid Member
16vdc rectified. Most of my 12v trafos come up 'hot but these are just about 13vac so a little lower than expected.

I've replaced the above 12v trafo with a 15v. One extreme to another! This one gives 17v ac and so 22v dc rectified into the Ubib reg. Therefore I have almost 10v drop over the system. Low current though and the jeatsinks are 30c after an hour....powering 2 x AD1862 and opamps. No music signal running through them though.
Hopefully this is a suitable setup now and better than the precious 4v drop.