• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Roender'S FC-100 - Group Buy

Hi jmmartins,
ask Rudi for direction :)
Kit probably no obtainable, but PCB... who knows.

In general, I'm so happy to see so many peoples still trying to build, asking, searching, thinking...
Month, two ago, I feel so alone...
OK, I have a chance to obtain kit, Thanks God, so process started :)
And nicely surprised that other guy are in the same route.
Woho, my favorite themes now.

So, Rudi, may be it's time for new GB FC-100. This amplifier deserve this for sure...

Finally found the issue and fixed the defective channel!!

After poking around for the fourth time, I decided to move components with a plastic tip while the amplifier was powered and found it was a cold solder join! This is the first time I get a cold solder join in any of my work so there’s a first for everything..! I’m glad it was not defective parts. I had replaced all output devices that went defective probably due to this problem. The module biased properly and dc offset is @ 2.5mV... Not bad I would say.

Thanks Anatech for helping and offered fixing the module for free. It does however feel more rewarding that I found and fixed the issue myself.

Now I will put the amp through some torture test and then let it rock again!

Thanks
Do

Yeah, Roender and Rudi! Thanks to him effort, knowledge and time!
Precious!
For you build: Excellent Do! Glad to hear that you liked a lot!
Can you describe more about your setup and build?
If you have a passion, pictures will be nice. As I remember, you use a different power supply for output stage. Every detail will be esential for other builders :)

Probably loudspeakers are ATS-4? Wish preamp from you system?

Can you describe more about your setup and build?
If you have a passion, pictures will be nice. As I remember, you use a different power supply for output stage. Every detail will be esential for other builders :)

Probably loudspeakers are ATS-4? Wish preamp from you system?

Hi lordoff,

You can find my FC-100 build thread here (I'm using the Project16 PSU):
Amplificateur FC-100

Project16 PSU :
CRC Power Supply (Class A amplifier)

My speakers :
Troels Gravesen ATS-4!

DAC (Mirand AK4490 with latest discrete output stage - pictures not yet updated) :
Mirand Audio AK4490 DAC DSD - Page 4

Preamplifier (LDR3x in balance config)
Thread is way too old and never was updated.

Unfortunately all in French but you can use Google translate to translate the site into your preferred language.

Thank you Do for so informative post.
Even for Project16 PSU: I miss theme in diyaudio.
Wonderful! I catch this direction for PSU now.
And yeah, goggle translate "Quebecdiy" from long time :) You have a very, very interesting (by my POV) themes.
Curious how will sound FC-100 with big, high sensitivity loudspeakers... Troels OBL-15 for example.

Anyway, for possibly balanced input to FC-100:
Input transformer? Or other solution? Anyone with that experience?
Because for preamp I'm planing to orient to some good balanced tube design.
In my preliminary research and emotional predilection are for Allen Wright's RTP (FTP5 are good contender to)
or some transformer coupled... parafeed may be.
Do not thinking for preamp with essential gain stage. 6dB is enough may be for FC-100.
Just trying to have best from "two worlds" :) if this is possible ever...