Revisiting some "old" ideas from 1970's - IPS, OPS

Jeff I have a pair of these I will be using. AN-6454 - 600VA 54V Transformer - AnTek Products Corp

I may try the vertical vfa as well as the vertical cfa.

Should I purchase through the VZ website?

Hi Evan,

You can try to run them at slightly lower bias - like 55mA per pair or so. Non-switching circuit does the job, keeping distortion low even at this lowish bias. My prototype was running perfectly at 65ma per pair.

Try X4 - it's a pretty unique thing with very accurate sound reproduction ;)

Cheers,
Valery

A nice package arrived today. As usual the boards look very nice. I'm excited to see the vertical vfa board. I have been liking the Spooky/slewmaster driving the midbrange and woofers. It will be fun to try some of these designs in that position. The vertical cfa ns ops is superb driving the tweeters.

It will take me some time to look these over. I'm sure I'll have some questions.
Thanks
E

Attachments

• DSC03006.jpg
    DSC03006.jpg
    747.7 KB · Views: 379
A nice package arrived today. As usual the boards look very nice. I'm excited to see the vertical vfa board. I have been liking the Spooky/slewmaster driving the midbrange and woofers. It will be fun to try some of these designs in that position. The vertical cfa ns ops is superb driving the tweeters.

It will take me some time to look these over. I'm sure I'll have some questions.
Thanks
E

Pretty much everything for a great build - even the PSU with rails control.
Cool choice of the front-ends :up:
Control board - you've got a spare one for this build, right?
Questions - welcome :)

Yes very cool.
I'm excited to put another great pair of amps together but as usual it will take me some time to get everything together. It seems like I never have enough time or money....

I was planning on pirating a power supply from one of my built amps but the setup has been sounding so good lately that I will build this one from scratch and see where it fits in. With the "spooky" slewmaster on midbass and the vertical cfa driving the ribbon tweeter I think my system sounds the best it ever has.
Thanks to all,
E

Yes very cool.
I'm excited to put another great pair of amps together but as usual it will take me some time to get everything together. It seems like I never have enough time or money....

I was planning on pirating a power supply from one of my built amps but the setup has been sounding so good lately that I will build this one from scratch and see where it fits in. With the "spooky" slewmaster on midbass and the vertical cfa driving the ribbon tweeter I think my system sounds the best it ever has.
Thanks to all,
E
Good luck Evan!
Don't worry i don't finalizing nothing as i haven't the money also.
I have a lot of amplifier boards but no power supplies not protective circuits ,no chassis...:mad:

Round 2 of the NS-OPS plate amp is ready for testing. I've added speaker protection to the amplifier board this time.

Wow that is a cool looking piece of gear!

Sorry I have been dragging my feet lately. It's Christmas time around here so everything else is kind of on the back burner. I been enjoying seeing what everyone is working on. Thimios is always productive and his testing is awesome!

Blessings, Terry

Yes very cool.

Thanks to all,
E

Hi Evan,
for my new builds I will use external power supplies so I can "plug in" different amps to compare.
Coming up with a protection circuit might be more complicated.
Harry

The new plate amp fired right up and worked great, but was having some troubles with false triggering of the DC detection circuit. Having the DC detection circuit right on the output of the board added a lot of ripple the rail feed to the DC detection circuit and showed me a glitch in the DC detection circuit design. Valery saved the day and came up with a simple fix for the issue and this thing is working perfectly now. Some scope shots will follow.