Remote Control for the BPBP

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
After having discussed these points, Dan proposed the following:

I will implement in the future a new firmware truly universal :
in the settings I will implement 2 new sub routines

- one in which the user can set a number 2,3,4,5,6 depending on how many inputs really has
- one in which the user can set the max gain of his BPBP to let the gain on the LCD match the real gain.

Both setting will be saved in a config file in Eeprom and loaded at power on.
But it will take some time , at least 1 month .

The point is, are those not able to load a new firmware version willing to wait another month, or shall everything be shipped by now with Firmware 1.2

Hans

I noticed that new Maya firmware is published. I wonder if these items have been included.

I have the BPBP PCB.
It would be nice to have a remote and a readout of what is selected with volume etc.

Does this Tvicol remote work directly with the BPBP PCB?
Is anything else required in addition to the readout screen and the remote handset?

As I understand it, it will require Hans' volume control board, an unpopulated board which will be provided with the "Maya for BPPBP" option .

Hans' board uses smd I2c controller ICs and relays which probably are not too bad to solder using flux +drag soldering techniques.

Hans ' board also acts as input selector from the Maya control, sending switching voltages for up to 6 external 5v relays (or of course use those relays to make tea, turn on a fan.. whatever, each with a corresponding, memorised volume level on the Maya for the background soundtrack)

Last edited:
Another restriction is, that the BPBP is in its basic form has no provision for a remote control.

To solve this problem, a Volume Control Board (VolCB)* was developed giving the possibility to have 64 steps of 1dB each, to being steered by the same Maya controller that also controls the passive Maya preamp.

And here it is where things are beginning to become complicated.

There are three different boards start with: the BPBP pre-amp, the Volume Control Board that replaces the stereo pot and the Maya controller.

This volume control board (VolCB) can select via the Maya remote control between the 2 channels that are available on the BPBP preamp.
this seems to be saying we need to combine three project PCBs to get the remote control.
Is that correct?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.