Remote Control for the BPBP

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Tibi, as some (like me) use only 2 inputs for the MAYA+VolCB instead of the 6 would it be hard to add a configuration option under 'Enter menu' -> 'Nr. of inputs' that would allow setting weather one uses 2 or 6 inputs. It is usable as is, but would be nice to modify it to only 2 to fit the project.

Tibi, as some (like me) use only 2 inputs for the MAYA+VolCB instead of the 6 would it be hard to add a configuration option under 'Enter menu' -> 'Nr. of inputs' that would allow setting weather one uses 2 or 6 inputs. It is usable as is, but would be nice to modify it to only 2 to fit the project.

I have only 2 input VoICB available and more exactly 24 boards left. Therefore the Maya firmware will be adjusted for this.

Regards,
Tibi

Maybe the picture of a real thing will help.

BPBP is a separate kit. The original thread
here

BPBP is a superb preamp, but in original form uses a manual pot for volume control. So the MAYA+VolCB will allow converting it to remote controlled version with superb tracking of channels etc that comes with relay based vol control.

So unless you have the BPBP module it does not make sense to buy MAYA+VolCB, but go for the MAYA full kit instead.

PS. My build pictures of the preamp are here

Attachments

• MAYA+VolCB+BPBP.jpg
    MAYA+VolCB+BPBP.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 309
I have the BPBP PCB.
It would be nice to have a remote and a readout of what is selected with volume etc.

Does this Tvicol remote work directly with the BPBP PCB?
Is anything else required in addition to the readout screen and the remote handset?

Quoted from what Hans posted:

"There are three different boards start with: the BPBP pre-amp, the Volume Control Board that replaces the stereo pot and the Maya controller."

Regards,
Tibi

Maybe the picture of a real thing will help.

BPBP is a separate kit. The original thread
here

BPBP is a superb preamp, but in original form uses a manual pot for volume control. So the MAYA+VolCB will allow converting it to remote controlled version with superb tracking of channels etc that comes with relay based vol control.

So unless you have the BPBP module it does not make sense to buy MAYA+VolCB, but go for the MAYA full kit instead.

PS. My build pictures of the preamp are here
I have the answer.
Thanks and sorry for appearing so difficult.

I am somewhat suprised, that it will take up to 14 days to have those sets from the 24h sale to be sent... without even taking those 2 - 3 weeks for delivery (EU) into consideration :eek:
I wonder what those relatively high shipping cost are been used for then ... :cool:

Last edited:
I am somewhat suprised, that it will take up to 14 days to have those sets from the 24h sale to be sent... without even taking those 2 - 3 weeks for delivery (EU) into consideration :eek:
I wonder what those relatively high shipping cost are been used for then ... :cool:

Such terrible cynicism, tut tut! Understandable in today's world.. ;)

There was a post in the Maya thread (this being about Maya for BPPBP) explaining what was available in stock and ready to ship. I guess your purchase was made after the ones in stock were sold:

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/grou...dvanced-volume-controller-31.html#post5025113

My ones from a previous GB arrived within a week, just a few days so it's probably just managing people's expectations which, again is understandable in today's world!

I hope the Maya works out well for you - I've not even build my BPPBP yet but looking forward to controlling it with my old Meridian 209 remote when I get there.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.