Reflektor-D builds

In the early days of the Reflektor there where a shematic for a 1,2v version but when searching for it today all I can find is that it's not recomended for that region.

Was this a bad idea ? If not, how would you easiest do this on the existing pcb?

244532.png

diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
Its not a bad idea, just more complex. Its one of Kazuo's various experiments in Reflektor for everything. He reported it worked but I can't say more from own experience. It can't be done on the normal Ref-d pcb. Those are protoboard making specialized things. Maybe with adding a small daughter board and some vias hacking.

Its not a bad idea, just more complex. Its one of Kazuo's various experiments in Reflektor for everything. He reported it worked but I can't say more from own experience. It can't be done on the normal Ref-d pcb. Those are protoboard making specialized things. Maybe with adding a small daughter board and some vias hacking.

Or an all together new 1.2v salas regulator ;)

I have a bunch of reflektors and Bib's aimed at the new Acko9038 dac (eight regulators in total), maybe I will just go for the akd75 regulator for 1.2v then (x3).

Thanks anyway :)

diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
Hi, if I am using ref-D mini's to power +/-5V for the analog part of DAC, do I need to have J2 with close or same IDSS? Thanks
Close within 1mA idss would be nice so the Yfs characteristics are alike, but true matching is not necessary.

If you got build pictures would be nice to see by the way. We have no Mini's builders pics in the thread I think.

2SK880GR

There are SMT pads for J1 in the REF-D and for J1 & J2 in the REF-D MINI

There are also mini boards converters from SMT to through hole on Ebay etc

Thank you for your answer Salas, I just ordered parts for two boards: 5,5V and 8V.
Because it is a school project I must do the PCB myself, so I want to make all the improvements possible - and I have 2 questions:
1)when using the J2 mode, it is enough to connect G to S or I could use an RR resistor like on the J1 based on the IDSS ?
2) in this thread I found that using a 1,5mH choke before the 10000uF cap improved the filtering. Should I also put a 3300uF cap before the choke to make a CLC filter or this is a overkill ? Or both are overkills ? :)

Thank you !