• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Reference DAC Module - Discrete R-2R Sign Magnitude 24 bit 384 KHz

Hi i have full batery powered 1021 by 3,3v nominal lifepo4 bateries. Board with no stock stabilizers. I was wondering about 1021 clock power supply. One frequency clock need 3.3v but linear, frozen 3.3v need to have that desired frequency. what is on 1021 clock? I have powered him by lifepo4 battery and wee all know that fulll charged bettery have 3.6v , not charged can have 3v. Did this is problem with desirded 1021 frequency in clock?

wee all know that fulll charged bettery have 3.6v , not charged can have 3v. Did this is problem with desirded 1021 frequency in clock?

This one is for the brave. And for those not shy to use a desoldering station :p

Attachments

• Si514.JPG
    Si514.JPG
    17.7 KB · Views: 483
I have a simple question:

I still have two 1021 boards in my basement. I have built and modified the DAM1941 when it came out and listen to it and I am very satisfied.

There are some experiments though where I do not want to risk the main DAC (1941) and try this maybe with the 1021 instead...

Is the 1021 capable to get to the same level as the 1941 ?
Is there a summary of mods as it looks as of today (220 pages is a bit too much to read...) ? Air de-soldering or air-soldering is no problem.

Thanks for any hints !

Hi, my 1021 is rev5.

Right channel had distorting yesterday. I measured positive side only 3.5Vref.

And I try it again today. It turn to 3.9x Vref. Very close to 4V. But sounds still have a little distorting....

Dose someone have know what happen with my 1021? How can I solve it?

I think I find the problem. If I do the Cap Mod's, Vref+ will drop down slowly. When I remove Cap. It will be ok.

But I don't Know why does it caused.:confused: