• The Vendor's Bazaar forum is for commercial offers and transactions. Only unmoderated members can post here.

diyAudio provides this forum for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members. Use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Reference DAC Module - Discrete R-2R Sign Magnitude 24 bit 384 KHz

Spikestabber, how do you feed digital data to the 2 R2R Dac boards at the same time to make a dual mono dac?
As an alternative you can use multi channel usb by diyinhk and jriver.

Should be possible to cinfigure up to 4 stereo outputs either usung digital xo at jriver level or by cloning the same signal to all outputs

Sent from my ONE A2003 using Tapatalk

Hi, I have revised my DAC 1101. 12 components removed, added 39 components and achieved great progress. Before After Pictures in the Annex. Greetings, Jens

Attachments

• IMG_4529.jpg
    IMG_4529.jpg
    659.3 KB · Views: 699
  • IMG_5407.JPG
    IMG_5407.JPG
    824.7 KB · Views: 683
As an alternative you can use multi channel usb by diyinhk and jriver.

Should be possible to cinfigure up to 4 stereo outputs either usung digital xo at jriver level or by cloning the same signal to all outputs

I have been asking this question about mutichannel and how to sync two boards several times here and in the building with 1121 thread. I may have missed it , but never seen a detailed answer. I have actually been in contact with a member here (this thread) which has bought several boards almost two years ago for multichannel and has never been able to acheive his aim. Talk about disappointement...
A very skilled member here was able to implement and documented filtering at board level on his blog , but then again what happens with syncing two boards?

Last edited:
Wont multi channel usb give the same MCK signal to all boards. The point is that it has multiple outputs running at the same clock

Doen't the Dam reclock everything on its own? How do you ensure then the two (or more) dac boards are synched together without quietly drifting one from another? It is my understanding that they will over time but would be releived if proved wrong.

Last edited:
Doen't the Dam reclock everything on its own? How do you ensure then the two (or more) dac boards are synched together without quietly drifting one from another? It is my understanding that they will over time but would be releived if proved wrong.

You're wrong :), the dam1021 has a digital PLL, so the clocks frequencies will track.

The dam1121 can use a common clock, see manual on soekris.dk website.

Good to know for 1021, Thanks for pointing this.
I don't get how to connect the external clock on 1121 from the diagram but those is my limits...
Usually your digital source can provide the MCK/LRCK

Ie multi channel use have it with the same value for all channels

Soekris, thanks for confirming. I always thought there should be a way, just did not have a chance to try

Sören, could you estimate the worst case drift between two 1121, and also for 1021, if they are not synced by clock.

How is the 1121 FW coming along please?

//

If a dam1021 or dam1121 is feed same audio signal, then they track to a few uS....

I just need to package, test and publish new dam1121 firmware, which is what takes time....

guys I need help..
I powered up dam1021 rev3 with +-5v mod(no LDOs) and also I removed mute transistors which are Q3, Q4. But the thing is I cannot get Vref on LV595 chips. Only measuring +-0.1v. no power on Vref lines..
where should I look up?

BTW, I removed all opamps and LDOs and supplying +-5v on C23, C28 directly. All other functions are working.. I had no problems on Rev1... :(

Last edited: