• The Vendor's Bazaar forum is for commercial offers and transactions. Only unmoderated members can post here.

diyAudio provides this forum for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members. Use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Reference DAC Module - Discrete R-2R Sign Magnitude 24 bit 384 KHz

I am using picoreplayer and/or archphile.
Picoreplayer needs one instance of Logitech Media Server installed somewhere in your LAN.

https://sites.google.com/site/picoreplayer/home/news
Archphile - Yet Another Archlinux Based Audiophile Distribution for Raspberry Pi, Udoo, Cubox-i and Odroid C1+/C2

Like those best.
Other distros are for instance:
runeaudio
volumio
moode

Tried them all many times.
There are however one diyaudio thread that is dealing with DAM and linux.
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/digital-line-level/271734-linux-servers-soekris-dam1021.html

I have a dual secondary trafo with 9V so I have a doubt that using a external rectified power supply I am giving about +/-13.5V and its running well with 15V as max rated for DAM. When I see the trafo with AC 9V then multiplied with 1.414 we get about 12.72V which is less than 13.5V so but why is it mentioned as 8V max in dam? any reason behind it? or can we use 9V dual secondary trafo?

If the trafo spits out excactly 9V at 230V. It may just as well give ~10-10.5V at 230V. Some variations there.
And some spikes can occur.

Why keep it on the limit? I am sure there are other considerations also.

From a 9 VAC Xformer you can reach close to 16VDC depending on the input voltage as said bambadoo, plus the Xformer voltage regulation. Designed for 9 V at the nominal current, voltage can go up 10% or 15% or even worse with lower current, especially with tiny molded Xformers.

Laurent

After building my own streaming device with a Soekris Dam rev3 and a rpi2, I am more than happy with the result. I have updated it to the 1.06/1.05 firmware and the rpi2 runs volumio 1.55. With a rotary encoder, a spdif for my TV and a USB input the only things that I still want to implement are a control of the filters, volume and input switch throuth my rpi2 and a update to a odroid c2 so that hires files do not cause stuttering or delays.

I have asked this question a few months ago but now with Volumio 2 as a RC available and several sources reporting the possibility to implement extra controls and code to volumio, I was wondering if someone has started to implement the serial port conection in combination with some code to make this happen.

I have seen the ArDAM1021 Project on DimDim's page and have read the conncetion of a rs232 with a rpi in general.

the other topic is if someone has mad first experiences with an odroid c2 and the soekris dam.

Thanks!

Just to clarify you are connecting to the non-isloated serial port?

Great news, please elaborate.

Basically a R-2R DAC board based on the dam1021, sitting directly on top of the RPi board, to fit the RaspTouch case or some of the other Audiophonics cases. Will be a little larger than a RPi, and have what's needed for easy interfacing, t.ex. using the RPi I2S signals and serial port. Output will be RCA single ended buffered by LT1815's, which are powerful enough to also drive high impedance headphones.

See http://rasptouch.audiophonics.fr/

Direct display connection?
:confused:

Routing signals from the RPi GPIO connector to another connector, to avoid soldering, two options:

1) Route power for the RPi 7" touch display.
2) Route power and RPi SPI signal for simpler displays.

Hi Søren,

That sounds interesting :)
Hopefully you can provide an option to also provide external power supply for the buffers and analog side.

You can easily provide power for the R-2R DAC board and Raspberry Pi through GPIO if you provide a full pass-through for the GPIO connector. That would cater for other SPI screens as well.