• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Ready-to-Run (RTR) SSR DC Speaker Protection and Delay GB

Well hooked the amp up flicked the switch 3 seconds Nothing!!then around 6 to 7 seconds 2 green lights lit up. The unit works Perfectly I for one can not hear anything different to the sound of the Alpha 20.
Finally put the lid on for first time Finished Amp at last.
Thank's again to all involved in supplying this bit of kit.
Regards Steve.

Attachments

• 2 - 1 (2).jpeg
    2 - 1 (2).jpeg
    77.9 KB · Views: 263
  • 2 - 1 (3).jpeg
    2 - 1 (3).jpeg
    89.2 KB · Views: 244
  • 2 - 1 (4).jpeg
    2 - 1 (4).jpeg
    92.5 KB · Views: 255
Thank's Gent's but I only built the box, If it was not for you guys making the boards available to make such a First Class amp i would only have a box.
I still stand by my comments as to how good this amp is.
If anyone wants to build a high quality amp without all the fuss of boutique parts or hard to get expensive parts this is the amp.
I like many of people on this forum have more than one project waiting in the wings to build (and i have more than my fair share of V-fets and other hard to get parts) but at this time have Little interest in building any other amps.
Regards Steve.

Thanks Steve, a ringing endorsement, should resonate with others building their own Class A.
A really good amp does not need unobtainium, although it looks cool and creates a sense of exclusivity. Speaking as a farmer's son, there is no utility in expensive, hard-to-source parts when a task is required; better to have good quality jelly beans to make it all work.
I offer my thanks to JPS brilliant layout, and XRK's intelligent coordination, early prototyping, and fast help to builders. Without these guys I could not produce good designs, and the market is given top quality open source DIY as a result. There are others whom I have not mentioned too, but they know their names...... thanks guys.

I might shrewdly say that this gives me a much bigger canvas too, and my own commercial products benefit hugely.

HD

Last edited:
Joined 2014
Paid Member
The SSR has allowed me to finish the amp so my wife is happy to use it also.
Steve

This is a great point Steve. We all have projects in various states of completion. I have all family members informed on how, when and which pieces of gear to power up and down. The SSR board has given me piece of mind that if the “order of operations” was accidentally breached, my speakers would be safe from any unwanted nasties.