QA-550 SD card 16/44.1 WAV transport

...Except that Xact is perfect for ripping CDA, transcode FLAC to WAV with no noise, but it does not work to transcode MP3 to WAV ...

Do you know a software that converts MP3 to WAV under MacOS 10.6 without generating the annoying white noise at the beginning of each track trancoded ? I have been trying Switch for this purpose but it works like Max and it make noise too at the beginning of each track transcoded ...

PS : i received yesterday the new firmware, but i already uploaded this new version (0.5) and it did not change anything ...

And sorry for poor English, because school is so far ...

Gidu

Further to the 1543 and the 4396 modules shown in post #50 & 54, I tested a new module with the ES9022 from ESS Tech.
The results was surprising good. Probably the best of the three, and certainly best value for money.

The DAC uses I2S input but has its own clock. I am currently using 50MHz.
Now working on a balanced version for better comparison with AK4396.

;)

Patrick

PS Test setup only

Attachments

• ES9022 PCB.JPG
    ES9022 PCB.JPG
    203.6 KB · Views: 1,332
  • ES9022 QA550.JPG
    ES9022 QA550.JPG
    338 KB · Views: 1,313
Last edited:
For those of you having problems removing the white noise that dbpwer amp leaves when converting Flac back to Wav , use the actual Flac program to decode all your Flac files back to Wav , though it still does not keep id tag information it does keep Audio properties with all track , title etc information to transfer it to the id tag and of course you get no white noise in between tracks . :)

For those successfully using the i2s connection it seems that the CS8405 would not be required - this could be the cause of the dirty i2s lines reported by someone else. De-soldering the CS8405 from the board should reduce electrical noise and interference, and result in better sound.

Attachments

• CS8405 on QA-550 board.JPG
    CS8405 on QA-550 board.JPG
    93.7 KB · Views: 1,046
For those successfully using the i2s connection it seems that the CS8405 would not be required - this could be the cause of the dirty i2s lines reported by someone else. De-soldering the CS8405 from the board should reduce electrical noise and interference, and result in better sound.

Just lift the power pin or cut the power trace. :)

Hi Erin,
thank you for your advice.
I checked the datasheet. It seems to me that the power pins of Cs8405 actually are
two: pin 6 and pin 23 . Correct ?.
Bye
Alessandro

Yes thats correct.
IMHO its still better to remove the IC as it only takes about 5-10 seconds per side of the IC to remove it, this is probably easier than risking snapping a pin by lifting one pin at a time.

also, there are other data signals running into that IC from the uP.
That may ?? cause electical noise or some undesired stuff happening if you just disconnect the power.

mods to qls

i dont find problems with resolution or detail with the wave player in stock form at all.
what i do find is lack of weight timbers and a whiteness presentation of sound.vocals are just plain with no texture body and instruments are lacking true weight.
it sounds hifi.
ripping all the electrolitics out and replacing them with pb caps,also replacing the smd caps with 0.1uf mkp caps made a huge diffrence.now the player sounds like music not digital.also some resistors have been changed with carbon type(i dont like smd resistorsor caps).
however doesnt fit in the box anymore.

Attachments

• wave.jpg
    wave.jpg
    743.6 KB · Views: 1,013