• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Premium ACA with CapMX PSU

Gentlemen, it is a PM like this, that tells me to not perform a groupbuy in this forum in the future anymore.

Hi again Rudi,I still have not received these 2 off ACA pcb's, 24 days after you posted them out.
It has never taken this long for any air mail delivery from Europe, so I am worried they are lost.
Please refund the 20.00 Euro I paid you via Paypal on the 11th January back to my Paypal account.

1st: I have told to you all (in my thread, in an EMail) that the shipment of my ACA- and the LT4320 - PCBs
is "without warranty". The shipping cost (3.70€) did not include anything like trackingID and insurance.

All of you but … have received my PCBs.

2nd: - New South Wales in Australia (the destination of the PCBs' delivery) has been victim of the Australian
bushfires. Maybe (?!) it is therefore that the PCBs have gone lost. I do not know!

I do not suppose, that the one who complaint, is a "black sheep" in the DIY family.
Does he really complain about loosing 20€?

Neverthelesse: his complaint causes me a lot of stress, and this is why i will not perform …

Best regards - Rudi_Ratlos

Joined 2014
Paid Member
I can understand your frustration.. Here is my thoughts..

You, Rudi, offered this as a service to all of us, giving us your design, time and help with building etc.
Terms for GB was clearly stated, among them shipping terms. Clearly saying no tracking no!
All of us have accepted theese terms by buying and participating in this group buy. If people are unsure if the postal service or seller can deliver, they should have asked for shipping with traking. I have done that myself buying from Italy.

I think asking for refund for lost shipment after you/we accepted the terms is insulting to Rudi and just BS.

Rudi, your reply here without answering me by personal PM is not necessary and not ethical.

I will wait to see if they do in fact turn up as you cannot provide any proof that they were even posted.

Perhaps the management and moderators here need to enforce some rules and regulations with regards to GB's.

I also state that all other GB's I have participated in on the forum have had the product delivered here in a timely manner.

gary s:

I apologize. I should have PM'ed you.

Please have a look at gwrskiens post #93.
This is exactly how my offer concerning the shipment has been meant.
Thank you, - Gisle, for your post!

A couple of the participants of the group-buy (… from INDIA, from the US, ...) asked me
to ship out their order as "registrated, with trackingID", allthough / even this would have
added some € for German bureaucracy.

You, gary s, did not ask me for this additional service.

Rudi

P.S.: I will not respond to this thread anymore.

Gary: what is the message behind your words, when you write:

"… as you cannot provide any proof that they were even posted."

Rudi, This will be my last post on this issue as well.

I paid you on the 10th January, you say the pcb's were not mailed out till the 28th January in a PM to me.

You have my money and I have no boards 43 days after I paid you.

Without being able to provide a tracking number, there is no proof of postage.

In hindsight I would have been happy to pay extra for tracking but you did not offer that alternative at the time.

We all need to put it down to experience!!

Just a quick note, I too have not received my PCBs as yet, but I'm not phased. The SA Post Office & Customs are renowned for their inefficiency. However I did receive notice from my work postal service that there is a parcel for me (arrived on Friday) which I suspect is the boards. PCBs invariably go straight through C&E, especially the standard postage envelopes - I have ordered plenty PCBs from Oshpark and have never had any lost. I will confirm receipt as soon as I get them, thanks Rudi.

Kevin