Post your Solid State pics here

7th version of integrated amplifier PSU is on the way. Some new features are on the way too. PSU contains:
-capacitance multiplier / stabilisation if required
-delayed SPK ON
-fast SPK OFF
-DC protect
-stereo thermal protect
-stereo short circuit/over load protect
-stereo oscillation protection (above 30kHz @ 10V p-p)
-LED diagnostics for left and right channel
-protected BUS rails - in case of failure V+ and V- buses are switched off
-BUS rail soft - start --> (on power on bus rails are slowly switched on - 1-1,5s)
-stereo solid state Mosfet relays for SPK ground return
- :D

Attachments

• iPSU V7_1.jpg
    iPSU V7_1.jpg
    203.4 KB · Views: 1,741
  • iPSU V7_2.jpg
    iPSU V7_2.jpg
    177.8 KB · Views: 1,698
  • iPSU V7_3.jpg
    iPSU V7_3.jpg
    150.4 KB · Views: 1,653
  • iPSU V7_4.jpg
    iPSU V7_4.jpg
    157.7 KB · Views: 1,635
This may be totally left field but I thought I would post this weird setup I have created. I was given A Marantz PM750. Which had faulty power amp section. Both Channel were blown and several attempts were made to repair. the pcb was hacked to the point where desoldering and resoldering before totally damaged the pcb tracks. They were lifting and breaking. It was a mess. Someone attempted to repair it to no avail. So I thought how about retro fitting new amps sections in it and retain all the rest of the preamp and graphic EQ in tact.

I am hoping to do something very similar to what you have described, except mine is only using a pre-amp from an AVR. I believe I will need to cut each pre-amp apart so that I can tap each one individually.

Anyone have any advice for mixing in late 90's Onkyo pre-amp with a MX50 SE x4 for power amp with ES9028Pro + Amanero (DSD512)? I just got most of the parts in the mail from China (FINALLY). I can't believe I found a DIY ES9028 kit that was literally $59 total. However you need to assemble the entire board/s yourself except for the main IC, I think they do include that on the PCB.

Attachments

• Onkyo 6Ch PreAmp AVR_Pull_Pic1smallest.jpg
    Onkyo 6Ch PreAmp AVR_Pull_Pic1smallest.jpg
    282.6 KB · Views: 1,199
  • First Pics of DSD Case or ChassisSmallest.jpg
    First Pics of DSD Case or ChassisSmallest.jpg
    272.1 KB · Views: 359
  • Onkyo 6Ch PreAmp AVR_Pull_Pic2Smallest.jpg
    Onkyo 6Ch PreAmp AVR_Pull_Pic2Smallest.jpg
    147.6 KB · Views: 360
ES9028Pro DIY kit ($60) just arrived! You can see I have the other pieces of the puzzle (for the DAC anyway) pictured below.

Has anyone ever taken a simple pre-amp that was for 5.1 (5 individual preamps on one PCB) and cut it up into 5 that you can tap separately from the other 4? I will include an image of that below too.

Attachments

• First Pics of DSD Case or ChassisSmallest.jpg
    First Pics of DSD Case or ChassisSmallest.jpg
    272.1 KB · Views: 387
  • Onkyo 6Ch PreAmp AVR_Pull_Pic2Smallest.jpg
    Onkyo 6Ch PreAmp AVR_Pull_Pic2Smallest.jpg
    147.6 KB · Views: 275
Nice!
Still looking for a cost affordable mosfet based protection.;)

What would you say is cost affordable? I have been prototyping a complete amp protection design for months now and one thing led to another(bias and rail monitors, etc.) besides the temp sensors and dc offset. I don't want to know the cost. That said, the dc detection circuit, photo-coupler and mosfets alone would make a good dc shutdown design for the speakers. It uses Mr Self's 47k and 47uf design (which this combo, by the way seems to be a law of physics) with opamps instead of discretes. With mosfets of <10mohms the lowest cost guess maybe $40 for parts, plus pcb, just for the dc offset protection, no MCU.

MI

Here are some photographs of my current bi-amped system. All schematic/assembly diagrams and BOMs can be downloaded from my website: michael weilgunis website – brahms amp.

Looks great! Does that DT 94 perform well for you? Any reason why you didn't go for fabric (G 20 SC) or titanium (DSM 25 FFL)? Two reasons I ask: I'm not quite happy with the SC 10 N - I'm going to replace mine with one of those I mention, and I wouldn't think that the DT 94 is any better than the SC 10 N, but if it's good, I might consider it as well. Then, you're using an AL 170, so why skimp on the tweeter?

And does the enclosure hold up well? It's beautiful, and I'm keen on using solid wood in enclosures, but I've heard that solid wood isn't great for tight enclosures because of expansion.

Last edited:
Looks great! Does that DT 94 perform well for you? Any reason why you didn't go for fabric (G 20 SC) or titanium (DSM 25 FFL)? Two reasons I ask: I'm not quite happy with the SC 10 N - I'm going to replace mine with one of those I mention, and I wouldn't think that the DT 94 is any better than the SC 10 N, but if it's good, I might consider it as well. Then, you're using an AL 170, so why skimp on the tweeter?

And does the enclosure hold up well? It's beautiful, and I'm keen on using solid wood in enclosures, but I've heard that solid wood isn't great for tight enclosures because of expansion.

Hi Mrcloc!

I already used the DT 94 in projects before and for me it performs well enough. I have never tried the fabric tweeters you mention so I can't tell you which one fits better to your application. The AL 170 is overpriced on the Visaton website, you can get it way cheaper via distributors so I think the prices are well-balanced.

Concerning solid wood: there may be problems with closed boxes but I have less doubts with vented boxes.