Post your Solid State pics here

Excuse me, but for my info, what is a bolt grower?
1.5Nm is a bit on the higher side. As per on semi guidelines, the recommended torque for to-247, to-3p, its 0.8Nm to 1 Nm.

I am not a prolific builder and neither do I have a torque wrench, if the mounting method used by ESP is good enough to be recommended by him, it's good enough for me.
Hey it's diy, if it fails, who cares? Let's build another one.

Another small project for early mornings. Modular input selector, any input card as required can be prepared. I must finish up bluetooth to i2s converter for the DAC too. No time for the holidays left...

Regards

Attachments

• ISS v2.jpg
    ISS v2.jpg
    218.2 KB · Views: 1,012
  • ISS V21.jpg
    ISS V21.jpg
    177.5 KB · Views: 1,004
  • analog input1.jpg
    analog input1.jpg
    155 KB · Views: 992
  • analog input2.jpg
    analog input2.jpg
    135.5 KB · Views: 985
Home made PCB

Thank you guys for the good comments. Here is the PCB assembled, the electrical test went OK, only one of the 136 via holes found non-soldered. This is the control PCB of the new integrated DAC - Amplifier. You can see two rotary encoders (switch equipped), a 2 X 20 Display, the IR receiver of remote control and 4 LED indicators. The left encoder is for input selection and when pressed it turns the unit in STBY mode. The right encoder is for volume control and when pressed enables the MUTE function. From the left, the 1st LED indicates STBY, the 2nd indicates ERROR of the left channel, the 3rd ERROR of the right channel and the 4th MUTE when activated. On the solder side, you can see the main processor PIC16F1789 (nice MCU with IOC and pull-ups available almost in all pins) and the I/O port expander PCA9535. The power amplifier will be fully balanced, driven directly from the balanced outputs of the DAC converter. The rest boards of the project will follow in a couple of weeks. Thanks again.

Attachments

• DSC01596.JPG
    DSC01596.JPG
    842.1 KB · Views: 1,012
  • DSC01592.JPG
    DSC01592.JPG
    351.4 KB · Views: 919
  • DSC01594.JPG
    DSC01594.JPG
    423.6 KB · Views: 883
Last edited:
Thanks Prasi. Now i have to write some code in micro, to test if the display and the encoders (because are bought from e-bay) are working properly. It is also a good chance to test a modified version of the RC5 remote control protocol that i obtained before few months. I will post you pics with the control board in action.