Plasmatweeter

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Yes, I agree, but:
1. SPL is perfect with the screen, at the electrode is appropriate only for HF.
2. Heat sinks are needed none. The metal is only liquid with burns-in, with the Daily use not, the very little wear of the electrodes.
3. As said, screen is not a problem.
4. No catalyst cause an exhaust functioned those, the gas goes in the best way outward. With a catalyst develops products one does better not inhale.
5. Around itself to burn one must endeavor somewhat, rather burns itself one at the oil heating.
Dear friend, I thought of nearly everything.
A horn falsifies the sound.
The Tweeter now bring nearly 120db, without horn, is enough.
A catalyst produces new unknown molecules, the equipment becomes quieter around approx. 25%.
My new project consists to a large extent of ceramic(s), also the tube socket is screwed in into ceramic(s).
The equipment remains cool, without exhausts.
The Tweeter stands over a CD-Player, without disturbance.
My crossover works at 7000Hz, I think that for 1,5KHz You needs 1000Watts for efficiency. And 10000Watts for the Bass.
Keflar will do this good enough, I have no Atomic power plant.
Never heard better!
Many greetings,
George

This is my fire in my living-room, the smell is most better than ozon;-)
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

This is no horn, Surface emitter is the right word (google) "Schlitzstrahler".

A punctiform acoustic source and a asymmetrically Reflector.

The backplate electrode = +6db
The Surface emitter = +6db
And the Reflector = +6db

These to place must be worked on as exactly as possible!

It would be very beautifully if still someone would such a thing have thereby one mutually help itself could
If You need a tile, I have enough! ;-)

George

54d2xvp.jpg

That stands under it, ;-)
down inside is only the power pack and the IC for the NF.

hahaha.
I am lucky you didn't send a picture of the floor from underneath.
There are not many parts to you plasma tweeter, less than I expected. Thankyou George.

I have some prices for some of the parts. the most expensive thing for me here is the transformer for the power supply.

Hello of friends, after some time I have here again somewhat new.
The automatic ignition. Some sparks come from the backplate electrode,
there I a TV-HV-transformer attached. The sparks ignite the flame.

There no more spark is to be seen, the flame ignites immediately.
At the sound or at the volume I noticed no change.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

That is by the way a quite small flame, straight times one cm long.
Hardly to believe which can make so an unloading for a noise…

THESE DEVICES NEED TO BE SHIELDED AND SCREENED TO PREVENT ILLEGAL RADIATION!!!

The power of these tubes is sufficient to interfere with a wide range of radio and other services - and unless you live somewhere in the Sahara desert or maybe Antartica, it is not a good idea to interfere with other services/broadcasts (etc.) with a loud signal that is mostly noise and harmonics - which is what a "corona" produces.

IN EFFECT THE DRIVER SECTION IS A RADIO TRANSMITTER.

PLEASE SHIELD AND GROUND YOUR DIY PLASMA/CORONA SPEAKERS AND ELECTRONICS!!

Put a wire waste paper basket over it and connect the basket to a metal plate underneath with 6 screws and it should be fine.

Be warned: Experimental plasma speakers can destroy a computer nearby and a switching power supply as well.

They do not radiate as much as you might think when arcing to a ground electrode as George is.

Hi bear, Hi Mike,
Of course, I have the device shielded and grounded, the high-frequency part is in a cage, the connections are with chokes and implementation capacitors.
With a scanner to find outside from the house no disturbance.
The plant connected to the PC and does not interfere, I receive all radio and TV programs without interfere, the CD-player is working properly.
The most disturbances not emanates from the Corona, which emanate off from the coil and the tube.
Of course, the performance would be enough from the North Pole to the Sahara to transmit, but who has an antenna switch to the Tweeter?
A photo and the new wiring diagram follows only when everything is finished.
The principle of the radiation from the front I have maintained, as well as the largest part of the schematic.

The devices work on the day 6 - 8 hours, and already about one year. Until today, no one complains. And I have many neighbors. Only if it is becomes too loud.

Here are just a pre-foto

Many greetings,
George

Incidentally, bear, what you do is actually a typical German behavior :dead:

Dear George,

Thanks very much for posting the ENCLOSURE!!

It is important to realize that many diy'ers will see your equipment pictures that do NOT show the ENCLOSURE and assume that there is no enclosure and/or no need for the enclosure! Then they go out and build some sort of unit, that may or may not operate properly - and that may create interference.

One needs to use an HF band radio to look for interference, not just a VHF/UHF scanner!

And no, I am not German, nor do I have German tendencies. I am 100% real American, for liberty, freedom and truth!

Also, I am a licensed Amateur Radio Operator, so I am sensitive to these sorts of potential interference issues.:D

_-_-bear

Hi,

is that really so? How do then ´liberty, freedom and truth´ go together with terms like death-penalty, Iraq-war and Guantanamo-bay, to name just a few?
Could You imagine that non-Americans see Your country under a different angle than Americans? ;)
Could we agree on such terms that every country has something to be proud of, as well as every country has its black marks in history?
So imo no reason to feel superior or offend anyone of beeing inferior, because of nationality reasons. Ok?

jauu
Calvin

in case You, bear felt offended, I apologize for that!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.