Plasmatweeter

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Joined 2012
Staff member
Paid Member
:cop:

The Moderation Team would like to point out to those following this thread that the circuit shown in post #341 is potentially lethal as shown.

The commercial variant in post #343 does not suffer these issues, furthermore the addio input is isolated via a suitably rated input transformer.

Just another Moderator
Joined 2003
Paid Member
:cop: Hi Marco, the circuit has been the subject of much discussion and it would be disruptive to remove it now. The post in quetion has been edited to give a warning. Please heed Lampiee519's advice. Sometimes it is better for these things to remain so people can learn how NOT to do things.

Hello ,
I dont' know how to tune my coils.
Do you know where can i have some explanations, please ?
I tried 5 différent starter coils.
15uh;13,5 uh;27uh,10uh and more than 27uh but no succes.
Oscillator coil is 10uh.
I tried without the 3,3nf capacitor In front of my RF coil;it works worse.This capacitor brings an amélioration.

Hello.
1576682038-img-20191218-150841.jpg

Finally the first self-sustaining flame.
I removed my variable capacitor and built a loop with copper wire.
Conclusion: a variable capacitor is not enough.
In my opinion, the loop and the tip constitute electrodes.

1576776437-img-20191219-182531.jpg
I will check it as soon as possible.
I'm now learning about transmitter to understand the ionovake schematic and improve my device.
I want to know how i should design my coils :
Resonance coil is OK for me, but RF choke coil is mystérious. I just builded à 90uh one(mesured,65 mm long with enameled 0,8mm copper wire on a toilet's papper roll) and tested it:
It works not so good:the flamme is weaker as with the 15uh one at first.
Most of schematic have a 100uh at the entrance of the circuit,why ?

Last edited:
Not only a choke ,look at the picture.
And @ 35mhz a 90uh coil gives 20k.
If the Anode current is 100ma,the voltage drop is 2000v.
How much is your 519 tube current ? I think it is 150ma.If your plasma speakers run at 27mhz with a 100mh RF choke, how much is the voltage drop ?
I think it's more than the voltage power supply.
But it works, and i wonder how...
1576784794-img-20191219-204441.jpg

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.