Plasmatweeter

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Actual schematic :
1572086872-img-20191021-110836.jpg

:cop:

Moderation note... see post #362 regarding safety issues with this circuit:
Safety concerns

Last edited:
Look again! Your ground is the same as your power line neutral and that is causing the fuse to blow. In the other schematic there is additional capacitor to prevent this ground issue. Anyway it is bad practice to do it like this! So please use a transformer and you will live longer!

Hello Lampie 519.
I re-builded my speakers.
I added 12 Ohm 20 w resistor In front off my voltage doubler.
Power supply works well.
Unloaded ,voltage is 676V and 338v on middle point.
I connected my frame speakers to neutral.
I tryed them:
I must use a screw driver to start the system.
I got a weak arc but it doesn't work.
Coils are :
15,5uH for L1(24 turns d=45 mm l=53mm)
10 uH for L2(17 turns d=37mm h=21mm)
1575714283-img-20191207-111003-1cs.jpg

Good stuff. Thanks.

If you like ESLs, you gotta say a prayer before bed for the development of plasma speakers.

BUT.... there's a desperate need for an ozone tester suitable for DIYaudio experimenters. Ozone can be quite dangerous and a means of knowing when there's too much in the room is a critical need.

Anybody????

B.

Ozone is very reactive and will dissolve very fast. Just make sure you are not too close to the source and keep the room ventilated. Having a small source in a ventilated room is not very dangerous. A big source like a full range speaker should not be used without measures.

Thanks Lampie 519.
Ben Toronto :A making?A schematic ? an idea why my unit doesn't work ?
If you are interested about plasma speaker why don't you try it? (A unit with the cheap gu50 @ 27 MHz with a voltage quadrupler for example...).
How many time and how many people have said the same things:
"Ozone is dangerous.
Ground your plasma speaker.
Use a transformer."
It doesn't bring much...

Lampie , i'm just starting a new try.Tube is heating.
Screen is directly conected on middle point of the voltage doubler,so it got enought voltage.
In my case ,i have two coil In front of the tube: L1 and another one In front of my 0,1uf pulse capacitor.I wirered a 3,9R 10w resistor instead.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.