Pioneer 8" BOFU BIB

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Or pet resistant screening. It saved me from being mauled by a large Raccoon that took issue with me grabbing the cat food bowl away from him (her?) and the various yard cats (including a ~25 lb Tom) I've had over the decades can climb up it without apparent damage, so not only makes a good vent screen, but is dense enough to act as a mild mids/HF damper depending on how tightly stretched it is.

GM

mightym said:
Don't invert them, simply add a frame with some 1/2" hardware cloth stretched across it to the terminus ( could be hidden from view by an added molding around it ). Should be enough to keep even a rotund cat out of the cabinet.

actually it is best to invert them if side mounting the woofers to woofer the "proper" woofer height. too low on BiB; just right on iBiB.

Re: Bofu Bib

Variac said:
This thread is regarding the popular BIB speaker built using the Pioneer full range driver and a tweeter. It really sounds quite good, is full range, and the drivers are about $25 per speaker .

We built a pair out of OSB (oriented strand board ) or as it is sometimes known- flakeboard. With this were able to keep the total cost under $100 a pair. Of course other materials such as plywood
can also be used..

Attached are plans that allow it to be cut from three four by eight sheets.

Mark

i have been intrigued by this design since reading about it. not so crazy about 6' boxes in the room though.

anyone have an opinion on a 48" BOFU?

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Re: Re: Bofu Bib

nuconz said:
anyone have an opinion on a 48" BOFU?

Half Chang?

HalfChang3D.gif

dave

Oh, if that were it, i'd be overjoyed. I failed to catch the fact that some students believe that house framing skills and woodworking skills are synonymous. Needless to say, some of the bits do not fit together so well. These will likely end up with flames or the college mascot painted prominently on the side. I need to somehow cover up the bold felt tipped markers they used to identify parts and draw cut lines (on the 'purty' side of the plywood no less) ...

ryan

NB: that is not to say that they are not both (house framing and woodworking) endeavors that require skill. Only to note that in this case, my students applied not-so-great framing skills to a woodworking project.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.