Pictures of your diy Pass amplifier

Thanks, guys!

@brianco, it'll be fed with Roon through a Metrum Musette. I'm building some Troels Gravesen TQWTs for it; judging from the output over my test speakers (some old Gale 4s, which aren't particularly efficient) I don't think I'll need a pre at all. It sounds bloody marvellous!

I'm in mid-Louth, between Drogheda and Dundalk.

Remodeled the psu on my f5 turbo...6 x 47000uf, first 4 are ROE golds, last pair Sikorel. Had 6x33000uf nippon chemi 32d in it before.

Sound has changed, though not dramatically. Smoother, a little more laid back and liquid. Perhaps the caps will break in some, I did reform them first though.

Attachments

• BC0B6468-0E7C-438E-907C-0B7D34EAE443.jpg
    BC0B6468-0E7C-438E-907C-0B7D34EAE443.jpg
    722.4 KB · Views: 908
Finished my amp a while ago... this is from the day I controlled the bias a second time... after that some cable arrangement has been made. Still need to get brushed and anodized but due to heavy workload and house renovation there is not enough time...

Amp sings like a charm, pretty heavy though (roughly 40kg) built from 5mm top and bottom, 3mm back, 15mm sides and 25mm front. Will replace bridge rectifiers with diode rectifier at a future time.

I am within a group of diy'ers... or lets say I am doing all the electrical work for the group. But I am blessed to have a metal worker access to a huge array of CNC machines, so most of the work was done to my request. Sadly he doesn't do any finishing, so this has to wait for some time...

@Zen: what ur not liking about my terminals?

Blue lights in the listening room

Hello diyAudio-members,

this happened to me last night. I thought some UFOs have landed!? :eek:

AREA 51 in Germany???

But it was a listening session with the BA-3 poweramp and the diyAudio/
Passworks active crossover....
I am laughing about myself.

Cheers!
Dirk

Attachments

• BA-3 poweramp shining blue 2.jpg
    BA-3 poweramp shining blue 2.jpg