Pictures of your diy Pass amplifier

Hello guys, here are my Nelson Pass F5 + Bride of Zen preamp.

Cases have two interchangeable versions: matt black or glossy white.

Label NELSON PASS lights up when switch on.

Small arrows show you the direction of motor volume pot (ALPS) with remote control.

Case are HiFi2000 with MDF handmade front panel.

The sound is amazing, thanks Nelson!

Bye

Delicious [emoji1303]

Recent M2 build.

Attachments

• M2 1.jpg
    M2 1.jpg
    691.2 KB · Views: 1,253
  • M2 2.jpg
    M2 2.jpg
    865.2 KB · Views: 1,256
music soothes the savage beast
Joined 2004
Paid Member
It's like with vine, everyone likes something else.

Seriously, they all sound very good. In general, classA has a tendency to have softer top, with heights less pronounced, while classAB is slightly sharper, maybe more sparkly on top, which some may preffer for rock music.
I do not use classA for woofers, all my systems are biamplified.
It's hard to run classA in summer all the time, there is danger of overheating something, so i ofter swap just a lm3886 amp there, and i am always surprised how good it sounds.
I am working on m2 now, plus few more aca, and goldmund clone...plenty fun to come.

It's hard to run classA in summer all the time, there is danger of overheating something, so i ofter swap just a lm3886 amp there, and i am always surprised how good it sounds.

I too tend to switch out for something cooler in the heat of summer. I run tubes (usually SE/class A) in the cooler seasons, then often switch to solid state/class D or class T in summer. We don't have air conditioning and with 90F + outside, I just don't want to run anything that warms up...at all. But I like to have Class A when I can.