Pictures of your diy Pass amplifier

Here's another attempt. I appreciate those who have given their opinions and made suggestions. Don't feel bashful, you're using your imagination when you say how it should look.

Attachments

• F5 visual4.jpg
    F5 visual4.jpg
    270.4 KB · Views: 1,263
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Looks awkward with the new non-standard (+) and (-) symbols, upside-down ground, and circuit turned sideways....

In the long run, perhaps you should let your design gestate, as the 'right' solution will eventually present itself. Also, chassis is likely to get re-purposed in a few years, so maybe think twice about having a circuit-specific design on the front?

In the long run, perhaps you should let your design gestate, as the 'right' solution will eventually present itself. Also, chassis is likely to get re-purposed in a few years, so maybe think twice about having a circuit-specific design on the front?

You make a pretty good point here about re-purposing the chassis since it's going to be one of the diyAudio chassis with the UMS heat sinks and mounting holes on the rear of the front face plate. My plan is to build it stock as neatly as possible, see how it performs in my system, and keep it if I like it or try to recoup parts costs by selling it. ACA kits have also been ordered so it's going to be a long July of waiting.

6L6

Joined 2010
Paid Member
. My plan is to build it stock as neatly as possible, see how it performs in my system, and keep it if I like it or try to recoup parts costs by selling it.

Don't sell it. Keep the expensive parts (PSU, chassis) and swap out amp PCB and try all that fit. (F5, F4, Aleph J, and probably one or two more in the near-ish future)

A pair of stuffed amp PCB should be around $100, maybe less. That's really cheap to try out new amps.

Don't sell it. Keep the expensive parts (PSU, chassis) and swap out amp PCB and try all that fit. (F5, F4, Aleph J, and probably one or two more in the near-ish future)

A pair of stuffed amp PCB should be around $100, maybe less. That's really cheap to try out new amps.

The Aleph J looks interesting since it's SE and that's where my topology preference has drifted over the years. It's also interesting to think about how all these PCBs that fit the UMS can be modularized to the point where one could make common B+/-/g and R/Lin-out connectors potentially allowing one to just plug in different amplifier cards like PC motherboards.