• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Photo Gallery

Fishandchips your guitar amp looks fantastic :cool: I hope my valve amp looks just as good and theres nothing wrong with your pic's.

This is a google sketchup of the amp I'm building it use's 2C22 input tubes & 300B output tubes and TV damper diodes for the power supply I'm going to build 4 of these for an active system .
Also a picture of my 1541 based dac ,the rectifiers are 5V4 and the output tubes are 6C45pi .
First I have no techincal back ground I do have a couple of friends that know there way around curcuits and one of them makes transformers ,I'm trying learn as I go :confused: .
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Cheers

rcavictim said:
fishandchips,

Gets cold there in Switzerland does it?

Really that is one nicely built guitar amp!!! I thought the pictures were excellent!

Aah dont start with cold, It just started to snow AGAIN, im so sick of it :dead:

Thanks alot :)! It really is my pride :cloud9:

Jeb-D. said:
:bigeyes: That thing is bada$$

The tube amp forums aren't just for HiFi guys. It just seems like that because were the ones you see bickering the most.

So 6L6 vs. EL34, whats your impressions?

To be honest, I havent really checked out the details in the difference yet but they Are there and audible, have to look more into it!

felixx said:
The iron is Experience Electronics?

Yep they are, the mains one was custom made for me :D

head1962 said:
coooool....
no hot!!!!
who made the transformers?

I got them (made) at experience-electronics.de in Germany. Superb quality :).

Hehe yeah, he Does get quite hot :eek:

56oval said:
Fishandchips your guitar amp looks fantastic I hope my valve amp looks just as good and theres nothing wrong with your pic's.

This is a google sketchup of the amp I'm building it use's 2C22 input tubes & 300B output tubes and TV damper diodes for the power supply I'm going to build 4 of these for an active system .
Also a picture of my 1541 based dac ,the rectifiers are 5V4 and the output tubes are 6C45pi .
First I have no techincal back ground I do have a couple of friends that know there way around curcuits and one of them makes transformers ,I'm trying learn as I go .

Cheers

Thanks :). Yours looks cleaner than mine imo, very nice :D! What do you do when you have issues/problems with the circuits?

And that sketchup looks amazing! What did you use to make it?

myster_maze said:
fishandchips, great work!
This must be loud! and hot!

Any pics of the inside or with the cabinet? Plexi style or not?

Thanks! Hes got enough output so he indeed can get really loud :mischiev:!

I dont have any pics of the inside so far, but I dont really think you wanna see it, its really cramped in there! It was tough enough to get everything inside :eek:.

The cabinet has not been made yet. Its gonna be more in the style of a Marshall Mode Four/Mesa Dual Recto, not in the plexi style. Theres also gonna be a front grill with a logo mounted to it (so you can see the tubes glow ;))

The front logo and the snakeskin tolex are waiting to be used :D

I made 3 of these logos, 2 extra for the loudspeaker cabs :D.

fishandchips said:

Aah dont start with cold, It just started to snow AGAIN, im so sick of it :dead:

Thanks alot :)! It really is my pride :cloud9:

To be honest, I havent really checked out the details in the difference yet but they Are there and audible, have to look more into it!

Yep they are, the mains one was custom made for me :D

I got them (made) at experience-electronics.de in Germany. Superb quality :).

Hehe yeah, he Does get quite hot :eek:

Thanks :). Yours looks cleaner than mine imo, very nice :D! What do you do when you have issues/problems with the circuits?

And that sketchup looks amazing! What did you use to make it?

Thanks! Hes got enough output so he indeed can get really loud :mischiev:!

I dont have any pics of the inside so far, but I dont really think you wanna see it, its really cramped in there! It was tough enough to get everything inside :eek:.

The cabinet has not been made yet. Its gonna be more in the style of a Marshall Mode Four/Mesa Dual Recto, not in the plexi style. Theres also gonna be a front grill with a logo mounted to it (so you can see the tubes glow ;))

The front logo and the snakeskin tolex are waiting to be used :D

I made 3 of these logos, 2 extra for the loudspeaker cabs :D.
Hi fish&chips

It isn't that hard to work on ,I can unscrew the right panel and tilt it to the side and thhe back plate can be removed without unsoldering the rca's and switches .
I love the snake skin and name plate your going to use .

Cheers

I've been here for a while but never posted something of my own, as far as the "Search" shows. One hesitates in the presence of so much excellent work (lately by Fishandchips), but here are views of one of my larger creations, a 100+100W power amplifier.

Attachments

• halle-a.jpg
    halle-a.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 1,713
Thanks Anatoliy,

You 'scooped' me. I was still going to say: Per amplifier: 4 x 6L6GC, 1 x E182CC, 1 x ECF80, 1/2 x ECC85 (input buffer). Power anodes: 600V, all else: 500V regulated. Common power supply choke input, regulators one to each amplifier. Input 570mVrms. As seen regulators, delayed turn-on and safety circuits all semiconductors (silly to do otherwise - I am not that much tube-fanatic!)

Johan Potgieter said:
Thanks Anatoliy,

You 'scooped' me. I was still going to say: Per amplifier: 4 x 6L6GC, 1 x E182CC, 1 x ECF80, 1/2 x ECC85 (input buffer). Power anodes: 600V, all else: 500V regulated. Common power supply choke input, regulators one to each amplifier. Input 570mVrms. As seen regulators, delayed turn-on and safety circuits all semiconductors (silly to do otherwise - I am not that much tube-fanatic!)

Though it looks nice, I would suggest to think a little bit more of convection and radiation.

PS: ECF80 looks like mine 6F12P, E182CC like mine 6N6P, though I don't use input buffers.

Also, I use in both Pyramid-IV (4x6L6 per channel) and Pyramid-V (2xGU-50 per channel) I use regulated DC for filaments of preamp tubes. And "all else" regulated.

Cathode follower Push-Pull amplifier.

2 x Monoblocks (power supply is external):

Tubes: 2x 6550/KT88, 6BL7, E80CC, VR150. The glow tube is uses for the screen voltage supply of the 6550/KT88.

Key figures:
o No loop feedback, 50% CF FF design.
o Po: 40 W+
o Zo : 0.89 ohm
o THD: ~0.6% 1dB below full Po.
o Bandwidth: 20Hz - 50kHz (-1dB)

The amplifiers sound clean, pure and airy. Distortion analyzes show low level of higher harmonics.

Output stage circuit (50% CFPP):

Circuit description here: http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=138282

Jan E Veiset

Here is a preamp I just completed. It has a separate PSU mounted on top, It's using all 12AX7's 2 for the phono stage and 2 for the line stage. I put a cam on the volume control that controls the HT so as soon as you start to turn it up the HT come's on. It was fun to build and sounds way better than I expected. I really sounds good.

Attachments

• preamp 01 (medium).jpg
    preamp 01 (medium).jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 1,935
mark02131 said:
Here is a preamp I just completed. It has a separate PSU mounted on top, It's using all 12AX7's 2 for the phono stage and 2 for the line stage. I put a cam on the volume control that controls the HT so as soon as you start to turn it up the HT come's on. It was fun to build and sounds way better than I expected. I really sounds good.

Can you please post a schematic?