Perreaux SM2 & 2150B...

Hi Nick,

Were you able to get a copy of the schematics for the SM2? Mine just died on me, I found a defective Bridge rectifier and changed it. But the fuse keeps blowing up on me. It will be challenging to fix it with no schematics.

Thank you

Claude (Canada)

Hi,

I've recently restored a Perreaux 2150B and am now looking at my SM2 class A pre-amp...

The SM2 has a few "issues" and I'm looking for any service information that anyone might have. I have already emailed Perreaux.

Any info much appreciated...

Thanks

Hello,
I'm a little late on this as I only spotted this today but perhaps I can put some issues to rest concerning the Perreaux SM2. Frankly, in stock form it is a good preamp, with a number of cap changes it can compete with preamps costing $3-6k from my experience with moderately priced parts. I used Panasonic in power supply, Sonicaps and Clarity Caps at input and output stages and I cut into back of unit and put in an IEC to use power cables of my choice.
Also, I have owned the Perreaux SM3 which I shot out in stock form with a SM2 in stock form, I sold the SM3 shortly thereafter. Hope this helps!:)

Ramon

Attachments

• IMAG0794.jpg
    IMAG0794.jpg
    661 KB · Views: 533
  • IMAG0795.jpg
    IMAG0795.jpg
    572.5 KB · Views: 503
  • IMAG0796.jpg
    IMAG0796.jpg
    599.9 KB · Views: 488
  • IMAG0797.jpg
    IMAG0797.jpg
    588.8 KB · Views: 505
Joined 2008
Paid Member
Hi Ramon

nice job on the mods. I just picked up s basically NOS condition SM2. Sounds great as is but im sure the unit needs a cap refresh/upgrade.

Have you not needed to change any of the resistors? Or needing to re bias the unit?

Cheers

Perreaux PMF 2150B stopped working - ideas?

Greetings -

I also have a Perreaux PMF 2150B and SM2 that I have thoroughly enjoyed for the past 15years after being “handed down” from a generous relative. Recently the 2150B stopped working and I am trying to figure out what (if anything) can be done to repair. My initial phone calls to find repair service at local stereo retailers have not provided any help.

I saw this discussion thread on the Perreaux 2150B and SM2 and wondered if anyone here could share any thoughts / recommendations on what potential issue is and if there is feasible resolution.

Symptoms all within ~10 min a few days ago:

• Power button on the 2150B began to “stick” resulting in difficulty turning on/off
  • Red on/off indicator light stopped working
  • Sound began cutting out for a few seconds, then return
  • I heard a “sizzle” / “crackling” noise for 2-3 seconds
  • No sound

My preference is to be able to repair but I need to find qualified service shop since I have no experience with this type of work.

Thanks in advance for any thoughts on the potential magnitude of this issue and any advice you may have for resolution -

Hi,

I've recently restored a Perreaux 2150B and am now looking at my SM2 class A pre-amp...

The SM2 has a few "issues" and I'm looking for any service information that anyone might have. I have already emailed Perreaux.

Any info much appreciated...

Thanks

Joined 2008
Paid Member
DEAR Nickds1 and ZeoN_Rider,
Would you please send me a copy of the schematic/service manual from Perreaux for the SM2,SM3,2150B,PMF1850 pre/power amplifier?
My e-mail is:maco0925@seed.net.tw
Thanks in advice

regards
sam chen

If you get no replies the schematics at least are available directly from Perreaux - I've found them very responsive. Graham Dredge (Westimation@xtra.co.nz) is a good source for parts and some service info.