I think this is the same!

Regards zeoN_Rider

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 1,576
nickds1 said:
Hi,

I've recently restored a Perreaux 2150B and am now looking at my SM2 class A pre-amp...

The SM2 has a few "issues" and I'm looking for any service information that anyone might have. I have already emailed Perreaux.

Any info much appreciated...

Thanks

I have this pair of amps as part of a second system. They are in excellent order but the preamp is very 'muddy' by today's standards - but this could be an 'issue' rather than a character trait. The poweramp is - in my view - superb. When this first made an appearance it was considered a better amp than the Krell of that time. How is yours after your work?

I too would much appreciate a copy of any info which may be available.

Re: Re: Perreaux SM2 & 2150B...

zeonrider said:
I have PMF 1850 & SM3.
Have full service manuals.

I'd be interested in the SM3...

brianco said:

... The poweramp is - in my view - superb. When this first made an appearance it was considered a better amp than the Krell of that time. How is yours after your work?

Great power amp - needed a total rebuild after the output stage exited rather dramatically to the extent it blew holes in the sides of the cans and took out the electrics in a friend's house...

Some time later, and with the aid of the service manual & a total rebuild, re-alignment, test runs on my HP & Tektronix analysers etc. I'd like to think its like new. I am, however, still startled by the way the room lights dim momentarily and the top of the amp flexes when I turn it on...

Makes a great coffee warmer though...

During a test run last night with the friend who lost his electrics, we detected a problem, after some elimination, with one channel of the SM2 - can only hear it 58 seconds into the first track of Miles Davis' "Kind of blue" - sounds to us like a cap problem - the volume control is also noisy so I'm contemplating completely re-capping it - it is 27 years old after all...

The friend is a long-standing HiFi pro - used to be European marketing manager for a stable of top-end speaker manufacturers and so has a good ear...