• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

PCB for the HAWK A18 amplifier (+ FETs if required)

The first 4 channels on the heatsinks if the final case.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    484.7 KB · Views: 117
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    330.8 KB · Views: 111
Dear Tarasque,

I received the new boards in good order. Thanks.
In the manual on the page with components I found 2 small errors ;
1. You sum up all resistors from number 1 to 52 including the values of them. After R27 you get R48 instead of R28. Value of R48 is 1K in te list, that's correct. Now we miss R28 on the list. That value is also 1K if I am correct.
2. On the new boards the Bias resistors are R18 and R17. On the former boards/schematic R17 was R43. On the new component list there is also a R43, but I can't find it on the board/schematic. So I think R43 is now R17 and can be erased from the list.

Greetings, Jurjen from Holland

Me again, sorry,

On top of the schematic you wrote ; for Exicon fets R17 + R18 = 240 ohm. IQ = 0,3 A/fet

Does this mean if we use Exicon fets each resistor is 240 ohm , or together 240 ohm ?
It's quite different than the values on the list; R17 is 1600 ohm and R18 is 80,6 ohm.

Please explain

Jurjen

The resistor numbers: I have changed the resistor references so now the PCB references are matching the schematic references. R28 is no longer on the board.

The two bias resistors R17 and R18 are on both the versions of the PCB's. R18 is 80,6E and the other is defined by Hawk as 1k6. However that puts the amp in deep class A (~1,6A per fet) with the Exicon fets. The max dissipation of the fets that I'm confortable with is around 15W per fet. Given the fact that I'm using 35V supply's, the max bias I want to apply is ~0,4A per fet. For my fets that comes down to R17+R18 to be 240E

I've build a channel where I used a 1K pot instead of R17 and adjusted it to the value I intended to use when the amp is on normal working temperature. In my case this was 160E for R17