Pass Aleph P 1.7 preamp builders thread

Has anyone previously used the Aleph P 1.7 as a headphone amplifier?

I am using headphones with different impedances (25 to 600 Ohm, SE output/ground like "return"). The sound is good although I think that I need power especially with low impedance headphones.

I would like to add a headphone output on the front of my preamp and be able to use it as a preamp/HA at the same time.

I've been using the Aleph P1.7 for a few weeks and the answer is that although it moves some headphones, it needs more power to move hard headphones.

With the full volume (and high gain) you will get acceptable listening levels... but only that.

A pity because this preamp has a delicious sound.

I have abandoned the idea of using the P1.7 as a headphone amplifier. Now I´m thinking is use the Aleph P1.7 and my A.C.A with a TSR connector.

I see no advantage in using two volume potentiometers (one before and one after the preamp). I prefer to use a pot. after the preamp and a other pot for P5 instead of 2K trimpot.

Hi, I am slowly progressing with my first DIY audio project. Since power supply and gain stage are ready, I think of using The δ1 relay-based R-2R stereo attenuator and The δ2 relay-based stereo input/output selector as attenuator and input/output selector respectively.
Can you please tell me what values for termination resistors and output load resistors (in input/output selector) are needed? Ultimately, this preamp should work with Aleph 2.

Last edited: