• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Output transformers for DACs

As shown in the photo, the length of the pin header can be up to 70mm, so just a height of 15-20mm will not be a problem.

S__40550402.jpg

The size of my DAC case is 160mmX160X90mm, which probably accommodates Buffalo and MERCURY, so there is no space to accommodate more PCB boards in parallel.

S__40542210_0.jpg

I bought a transformer from China, but the sound was terrible, so someone suggested that I should connect the transformer to the output of MERCURY. What is the difference between the transformer directly replacing MERCURY or connecting the transformer to the output terminal of MERCURY?

As shown in the photo, the length of the pin header can be up to 70mm, so just a height of 15-20mm will not be a problem.
OK

I bought a transformer from China, but the sound was terrible, so someone suggested that I should connect the transformer to the output of MERCURY. What is the difference between the transformer directly replacing MERCURY or connecting the transformer to the output terminal of MERCURY?
Good suggestion as it is VERY different conditions for both the DAC and the transformer you bought.

I can buy m3 copper pillars with lengths ranging from 3mm to 60mm. They are very cheap. I will buy copper pillars of several length specifications and try to assemble them directly, so you only need to tell me the possible suitable copper pillar length range.

S__40632322.jpg

I think the more problematic is the length of the pin header, because the maximum length of the pin header I can buy is 23.3mm.

S__40624134.jpg

If there is a problem, I will remove the pin header soldered on the buffalo and replace it with a longer one.

Last edited:
I can buy m3 copper pillars with lengths ranging from 3mm to 60mm. They are very cheap. I will buy copper pillars of several length specifications and try to assemble them directly, so you only need to tell me the possible suitable copper pillar length range.

I just trying to know what are the lengths of existing pillars you using right now to understand is there a need to replace existing to another ones. That is why I am simply asking you to measure your existing pillars with calipers. Because I think all other Buffalo users uses the same or very similar length pillars at least between the boards.
Pins of my transformer will be raised out from the PCB for ~6-7mm, that is why I just trying to understand do the other users needs to change (to extend) pillars between the boards or just the bottom pillars.

I think the more problematic is the length of the pin header, because the maximum length of the pin header I can buy is 23.3mm.

If there is a problem, I will remove the pin header soldered on the buffalo and replace it with a longer one.

Vice versa, there should be probably no need to use another length pins, that is why... Measure the pillars length please :D

Regarding my board:
The bottom pillars between PCB and chassis should be not less than 25mm (hexagon part). Pillars between the boards should be 8mm (hexagon part again).