Oread - a DIY MM phono approach

How to use/connect the OREAD PCB (r04)

The circuit boards can be used with single supply or dual supply. For double supply, it is better to use resistor RB instead of R1 and R2. RB is not on the screen print of the current PCB version r04. Therefore, the following images show the position of RB if it is used.

OREAD_04_circ.jpg OREAD_04_pcb.jpg

The next picture shows how power supply and ground are connected.
If the boards are installed in a housing together with other amplifier components, you should also use this grounding principle.

OREAD_04_ground-scheme.jpg

But, depending on the overall structure of the amplifier chain, it may possibly also work to simply interconnect GS and GC directly on the OREAD board.
(GS = signal ground, GC = chassis ground)

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
How to use/connect the OREAD PCB (r04) for single supply

ommit: C13, C14, C15, R3, T7
instead of C13 install a wire bridge
OREAD_04_single-supply-circ.jpg
OREAD_04_single supply-scheme.jpg
When using R1 and R2, which cannot be avoided with a single supply,
the input is connected to the operating voltage.
The power supply should therefore be particularly clean.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
power supply for the OREAD

There are some suggestions for power supplies for the OREAD earlier in this thread. (Post No. 147,148,150,188)
Here is mine.
For lower power devices like preamps, headphone amplifiers, etc. I usually use simple power supplies with TO220 regulator ICs.
Since I don't have any of my universal supply board left to house an OREAD in its own case, I plan on ordering some.
If anyone else would be interested in such a board, send me an email/PM.

NT218_r10.jpg NT218_r10sc.jpg

NT218_r10cu.jpg

Reactions: 1 user
As always,
a great circuit board - universally applicable, but why not try something new/unknown? For example, the virtual battery, if it (absolutely) has to be an overkill!

The power requirement of the EQ is tiny, two batteries also do their job with flying colors.

Are there already positive or negative voices in the background? I still like OREAD without any reservations.

Greetings,
HBt.

The power requirement of the EQ is tiny, two batteries also do their job with flying colors.
I know.
But I'm sure, when I want to use it, the batteries are empty. ;)

It is quite practical to have this universal board on hand if you want to quickly set up a small power supply.
For example, I have also used it for some self-made measuring devices.
To operate the OREAD alone, you can leave out some components, such as the heat sinks or the soft start, install smaller rectifiers, etc...then it's not overkill

Are there already positive or negative voices in the background? I still like OREAD without any reservations.

I haven't seen any.

.....SUPRA2024 project...
Is there anything to see yet? a thread?