Old Soul

Joined 2017
Paid Member
may I oscillate a bit of feedback?
PSU/HA! 1 seems in perfect working condition, +-24.5VDC (or very close), led lights up and keeps shining several minutes.
PSU/HA! 2 seems good to, same voltage but no led (it's not the led, swapped them to see)

HA! 1 has 15VDC-ish on the LED.
but—HA! 2 has 24VDC-ish on the LED?

edit: haven't changed the build yet, one step closer though...

Attachments

• eYhs6RZYr6Hf.gif
    eYhs6RZYr6Hf.gif
    380.3 KB · Views: 226
Joined 2017
Paid Member
I AM GREMLIN!
Had a spare 1/2 hour and rechecked things. (Still did not change/build anything...)
Beside one LED—and not the connection on PCB which is good) not working for whatever reason (connection lost or burned), both HA! are very alive and doing well, 24.8VDC both channels.
HA!
(And there's no wine/beer/booze/other substances but nicot-/caffeine)

Joined 2017
Paid Member
I was in fiddling mood today and started adjusting the first channel … [emoji851]

After realizing it would be a good idea to plug in the mains, I don’t seem to be able to change offset on the output (reading says 20v!, hopefully another gremlin) while the other readings are good.

Any advice besides behaving, concentrating and connecting everything as it should be?

Won‘t be allowed to continue the next unnkoen amount of time :(

Joined 2017
Paid Member
Thank you, ZM
I believe I have 10mm spacers too (not sure, and I'm home right now), for the mosfet needs some space under the board.
Connection of 2N1099 was made according to your prototype [this img] triple checked for proper orientation and insulation (heat shrink, nylon washer, keratherm).
Will check it all tomorrow!

BTW: while I was making measurements/adjustments, the heatsink around the mosfet got gently warm, 2N1099 stayed cold (<- scares me most!)