Old Soul

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
How much can these bastards be pushed wrt dissipation per device, of course given chewing gum or the likes as thermal conductor?

getting more and more interested…

I gave you my recipe

not that is best one or only one

though, I'm already notorious - regularly forgetting to turn fan On on my T-Beds, so everything ending redchillihot, for who knows how long

that happened to my Old Soul too .... and I was relieved that 2N1099 survived , no gurgle

though, of lately, I'm avoiding to turn fan(s) Off

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
25V rails, 1A Iq

they were X*?@! ....... and survived

though - I'm saying - they survived, but I'm not saying that I would dare to use them that way in prolonged time

ZM's Chicken

TEMP.jpg

Joined 2002
Paid Member
A quick update: Over the weekend I replaced the 2n1099 in the broken channel as well as the mosfets to avoid any potential issues. Bias was uneventful.
I left it playing on test speakers for about 15 hours with rail fuses. After that, I removed the temp wiring with the fuses and ran for a few more hours.

I noticed that with the lid on and running for a while, the quiescent current drifted down a bit; I'll probably leave it as is.

Cheers,
Dennis

IMG_20220213_090740.jpg

Reactions: 1 user
A quick update: Over the weekend I replaced the 2n1099 in the broken channel as well as the mosfets to avoid any potential issues. Bias was uneventful.
I left it playing on test speakers for about 15 hours with rail fuses. After that, I removed the temp wiring with the fuses and ran for a few more hours.

I noticed that with the lid on and running for a while, the quiescent current drifted down a bit; I'll probably leave it as is.

Cheers,
Dennis

View attachment 1025428
:):):):):)